*[Enwl-eng] Just 6 days to beat Nestlé

ENWL

Jan 19, 2021, 12:11:43 PM1/19/21
to "ENWL-uni"

After 20 years fighting Nestlé in court over their water supply, a small community is drowning in debt -- so they’re asking for your help.

Can you chip in $2 to help end their Nestlé nightmare?

image of a parched landscape

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

For the last 20 years, a group of grandparents living in rural Michigan have fought tooth-and-nail as Nestlé pumps hundreds of thousands of gallons of their water supply every day to sell for outrageous profit, while their own streams run lower and lower.

They thought they’d finally reached the finish line -- but a new court ruling has given them yet another hurdle.

Already $100,000 in debt, this dedicated group of grandparents is getting desperate. We’ve helped them before, and now they’re asking for help again: a quick flood of cash to keep their fight going, and keep alive the hope that they can finally get rid of Nestlé for good.

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

In November, a state agency handed Nestlé a massive win. Instead of deciding once and for all to take away Nestlé's permit, the agency said the final decision wasn’t in its jurisdiction, and pushed the case to another court… after two years and $200,000 of legal fees.

Nestlé's whole tactic is to bankrupt these groups by keeping them tangled in the court forever, and this judge played right into their hands. But these grandparents aren’t giving up, and are appealing the decision.

The appeal is due next week and they simply don’t have the cash to pay for it -- let alone to keep pushing for a final decision. Can you help them keep their fight going?

Every extra bit we raise, we'll put into the fight to stop Nestlé stealing the water from small communities.

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Thanks for all that you do,
Angus and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2021 8:03 PM
Subject: Just 6 days to beat Nestlé