*[Enwl-eng] Europe’s forests in flames

ENWLine

Oct 22, 2021, 12:07:17 PM10/22/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Our forests are being burned at an alarming rate. Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) will decide if this should continue. This is our chance to tell them to stop burning our forests. We can save millions of trees!

Hi,

Forests are the lungs of our planet. They are what keeps our planet breathing. But they are under attack. [1] Trees are being burned in the EU to generate what some claim to be ‘renewable energy’. You helped us draw much-needed attention to this.

Our governments choose to funnel our hard-earned taxes towards burning forests all over Europe. [2] Millions of trees are being cut down and burned by the wood-burning industry from Sweden to Finland. From Germany to Austria. All because wood burning is considered ‘renewable energy’.

Key Members of the European Parliament have *just* been handed this important decision on their desks; is burning trees really 'green'? [3] If they decide the answer is no, funding for burning trees will be a thing of the past and we could save millions of trees.

But many of them still don’t know what is at stake. [4] This is our opportunity to tell them, before the wood-burning lobby gets a chance to control the story: we wouldn’t remove our lungs and we shouldn’t remove our forests.

Will you spare a second to share your message that we need to save trees, not burn them, now? Using the buttons below to send a tweet or email can make all the difference.

Send a tweet now!
Send an email now!

Burning trees releases huge amounts of emissions, firing up the climate crisis. Replanting trees takes a long time. We simply cannot replace the trees we burn in the short time we have left to save our planet.

We know making noise works. Together we have already moved the powerful Environment Minister of Finland. She received our messages a few months ago and publicly stated she wants to help protect trees now. [5] We can do it again and move the most influential MEPs today.

Over 254,000 of us, including you have spoken up already. If many of us contact our MEPs together, we can send a powerful message to protect our forests at this crucial time.

Send a tweet now!
Send an email now!

In solidarity,
David (London), Annemarie (Berlin) and the entire WeMove Europe team

P.S. Experts are lining up to call for an end to burning our forests. Did you know that 500 leading scientists warn against it? [6] They have urged decision makers not to threaten climate goals and our world’s biodiversity by burning trees to generate energy. Take action now!