*[Enwl-eng] Today in Peace History and a Peace Future

enwl

Jul 13, 2022, 12:41:32 PM7/13/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Did you know that it was on a July 9th that Einstein and Russell warned of the need to choose between war and human survival, that it was on July 10th that France bombed and sank a Greenpeace ship, that July 11th is World Population Day, that this July 12th was Henry Thoreau's 205th birthday, and July 13th the day that the first wartime draft (and the resulting riots) began in the United States?

You would know a lot more than that if you had a copy of the Peace Almanac. You'd know peace holidays to celebrate. You'd know historic anniversaries relevant to events you're planning. You'd know a great deal of history that few know and few governments want known. Buy the . . .

Did you know that there are superior alternatives to every use of war, and to economies, governments, courts, and cultures shaped around war? Did you know that a group of talented people have shaped a vision of a world beyond war and how to get to it through demilitarizing security, managing conflicts without violence, and creating a culture of peace? You would know all that and the answers to most of the questions that we at World BEYOND War are ever asked, if you had a copy of A Global Security System: An Alternative to War. Buy the . . .

We'll send you either one of these books as a thank you gift, if you become a sustaining donor at $15 a month or more.

We'll work with you to organize book clubs, classroom speakers, or other events. When peace starts breaking out, we need more people to understand how to make it strong and lasting. When the next war breaks out, we need fewer people imagining they can be "against wars except this one."

Please forward this email far and wide.

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, chapters, and affiliated organizations advocating for the abolition of the institution of war.

Donate to support our people-powered movement for peace.

Opt-in to mobile updates.  Manage email preferences.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

World BEYOND War | 513 E Main St #1484 | Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA
World BEYOND War | 450, 4-2 Donald Street | Winnipeg, MB R3L 0K5 Canada

Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2022 7:20 PM
Subject: Today in Peace History and a Peace Future