*[Enwl-eng] SumOfUs Members Need Help

1 view

ENWLine

Dec 14, 2021, 12:01:45 PM12/14/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Since we first sent the email below in April 2020, nearly 1000 more SumOfUs members have posted messages asking for financial help because of the pandemic. This holiday season, can you help a fellow SumOfUs member in need of a hand?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately.

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Here's the original mail:

--

Heads up - this isn’t the typical email you get from me.

But these aren’t typical times.

Someone else reading this exact same email right now, is in crisis. They’re out of work and trying to keep up with bills, find childcare, and buy groceries.

So today, I’m not asking you to sign a petition, or chip in for a lawsuit. Today, for the first time ever, I’m asking you to help a fellow SumOfUs member in need.

I worked around the clock to put together a page on our website for members like you to ask for help.

And there are already hundreds of urgent requests from fellow bee-protecting, corporate-greed-smashing, rainforest-saving members like you – caring people like you. But right now, they’re people in dire need of some care themselves.

I’m determined to get help to as many people in our community as possible. Will you help out too? If you chip in CA$1 today, then we’ll pool donations together and distribute it all to fellow SumOfUs members in need.

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately.

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

When Tom lost his business, he tried to become a gig driver for DoorDash...only to have his car break down on day 3. He couldn’t afford to fix it.

But because Tom is a SumOfUs member, he knew about our global support platform, where people can ask each other for help. So he took a leap of faith and posted his story. And Vladimir, someone like you chipped in to help him. Tom said:

It was the greatest thing ever. I still tear up in my eyes when I think of it. This person doesn't know and will probably never meet me, but they helped me regardless. I’ll never be able to thank that person enough.”

Will you help, too? There’s still hundreds of more urgent requests from people like Tom — single parents out of work, people struggling to pay their rent.

Even if you’ve never met them, these are the people that fought with you to take on the biggest corporations in the world. You’ve worked with them to save the bees, protect human rights, and fight for our planet.

If you chip in a bit today, we’ll distribute 100% of your gift to these members in need. There’s over 600 requests, but we’ll do our best to send something to everyone. You can make sure your fellow SumOfUs members know they aren’t alone.

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately.

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Thanks for all that you do,
Danny and the SumOfUs team

More information:

Covid19 - Global support network takes pandemic of love to the next level. SumOfUs. 2020-03-26

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 6:34 PM
Subject: SumOfUs Members Need Help