*[Enwl-eng] Want to buy Bayer-Monsanto?!

ENWLine

Nov 19, 2021, 12:15:09 PM11/19/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Stack of glyphosate safety study reports

We have a new plan to take on Bayer-Monsanto and their bee-killing pesticides: buy up shares and fight them from the inside!

We’ve spent years taking on these giants, and we’ve had incredible success. But their resources are endless, and they always find ways to bully beekeepers and keep their poisons on shelves and in our food.

So here’s what we’ll do -- if enough people chip in, SumOfUs will buy stock in Bayer-Monsanto -- then work to rally other shareholders, turn up at their AGM, and ratchet up pressure on execs over their bee-killing ways.

We know this works. Just last year a SumOfUs shareholder resolution forced Apple to publish its first-ever human rights policy. Now it’s Monsanto’s turn.

For the next 24 hours we’ll use everything you give to generate matching donations from big funders, doubling your impact -- can you help buy a piece of Bayer-Monsanto and save the bees?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately.

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

We’ve been so successful with our shareholding program that the US stock regulator is actually changing its rules to try to shut us down!

They’re doing it with a new rule -- anyone who wants to bring resolutions like the one we used to beat Apple will need to hold thousands of dollars worth of shares. And they let companies set VERY early deadlines to buy the necessary stocks.

These companies and regulators are doing all they can to silence everyone but the richest shareholders. But we’re out to beat them at their own game, bringing our community together to buy stocks in some of the biggest, baddest corporations... and taking our campaigning right into their board rooms.

We started with Apple, and we're buying Google and Facebook stock too. Now it's time for Big Ag to see what we can do. Can you help hold Bayer-Monsanto to account? (Remember, your donation will be used to get matching donations!)

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately.

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Thanks for all that you do,
Danny and the SumOfUs team

More information:

SEC Adopts Amendments to Modernize Shareholder Proposal Rule. US Securities and Exchange Commission. 23 September 2020.

Apple faces shareholder vote on human rights policies. Financial Times. 16 December 2019.

From beekeepers to giant pension funds, activist shareholders are being silenced by the coronavirus. 6 June 2020.

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 9:48 PM
Subject: Want to buy Bayer-Monsanto?!