*[Enwl-eng] The End of War

ENWLine

Apr 28, 2021, 7:07:01 AM4/28/21
to "ENWL-uni"

The best case that's ever been made against pseudo-scientific claims for the inevitability, naturalness, and permanence of war was made by a science writer who took every notion seriously and debunked it. In The End of War, John Horgan examines dozens of examples and counterexamples discussing chimpanzees and bonobos, warring and peaceful indigenous people, World War I and Vietnam, Margaret Mead and General Sherman as he finds his way to war's complicated origins. Horgan argues for a far-reaching paradigm shift with profound implications for policy students, ethicists, military men and women, teachers, philosophers, and any engaged citizen.

Want to hunt for weaknesses in Horgan's case and ask him about them? Want to ask him how to persuade your uncle? Want to be as informed as possible? Want to meet others of like mind?

This is your chance. And the spots will be full soon. Register here for a signed book and four online discussions with the author in a small group.

All the upcoming book clubs are listed here.

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, chapters, and affiliated organizations advocating for the abolition of the institution of war.
Donate to support our people-powered movement for peace.

Opt-in to mobile updates.  Manage email preferences.  Privacy policy.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

World BEYOND War | 513 E Main St #1484 | Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:10 PM
Subject: The End of War