*[Enwl-eng] Kids and adults practice peacemaking after reading this book

1 view

ENWLine

Jun 23, 2021, 9:18:31 AM6/23/21
to "ENWL-uni"

The book featured in World BEYOND War's next online book club (starting July 7th) is an exciting adventure.

How many times have we spotted kids stick-fighting or having imaginary Star Wars battles? Well, after reading The Way Between, multiple parents have reported seeing their kids re-enacting the scenes in the book in the backyard, imagining themselves waging peace instead of war.

Now imagine discussing the book with the author in a small online club for four weekly session! You can sign up for that here.

A wonderful story for our times! Kids, parents, grandparents, teachers, peacebuilders and activists all love The Way Between! In an exciting blend of action, adventure, and fantasy, author Rivera Sun boldly takes the genre in a new direction. The Ari Ara Series combines the classic elements of epic myths – courage, daring, adventure – with the skills of conflict resolution, anti-bullying, peace and nonviolence. Ari Ara is a young shero with spunk and spark. This novel will claim a spot on your bookshelf and a place in your heart. It’s a book for both adults and children to enjoy!

Learn more and reserve your spot here.

Here is the author, Rivera Sun (second from left), participating in a nonviolent action organized by World BEYOND War in Ireland (at left is Nobel Peace Laureate Mairead Maguire):

In July 2021, World BEYOND War will be holding a weekly discussion each of four weeks of The Way Between with the author Rivera Sun as part of a small group WBW book club limited to a group of 18 participants.

The author will send each participant a signed paperback copy of the book. We'll let you know which parts of the book will be discussed each week along with the Zoom details to access the discussions.

This is a small group series with limited space of up to 18 people. Sign up to reserve your spot and allow for enough time to receive the book. We look forward to reading and discussing this important book with you!

You can also book your spot in other future book clubs planned for the coming months now. See them all here.

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, chapters, and affiliated organizations advocating for the abolition of the institution of war.
Donate to support our people-powered movement for peace.

Opt-in to mobile updates.  Manage email preferences.  Privacy policy.

Should giant war-profiteering corporations decide what emails you don't want to read? We don't think so either. So, please stop our emails from going into "junk" or "spam" by "white listing," marking as "safe," or filtering to "never send to spam."

World BEYOND War | 513 E Main St #1484 | Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Sent: Monday, June 21, 2021 7:01 PM
Subject: Kids and adults practice peacemaking after reading this book