*[Enwl-eng] Mental healthcare is a right, not a privilege

ENWLine

May 24, 2021, 1:07:40 PM5/24/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Mental healthcare should be a right, not a privilege! Demand free mental healthcare for all!

Sign Now

It's Mental Health Awareness Month, and in light of the pain, stress, isolation, and grief we've all experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic, there couldn't be a more crucial time to highlight this topic. Millions of Americans live with mental health challenges — which is already difficult enough, when not compounded by rampant stigmas and misunderstandings that accompany such experiences. In fact, 1 in every 5 Americans will face a mental health challenge during their lifetime. It's more important than ever that we increase access to treatment for anyone who needs it AND reduce the stigmas that often prevent people from seeking help.

Mental health disorders and challenges come in many forms — and are extremely common. These range from anxiety and depression to substance use to eating disorders and more. In addition to the everyday pain and distress these conditions cause, many of them are also deadly. For example, nearly 50,000 Americans die by suicide each year, making it the second leading cause of death for young Americans.

Clearly, something needs to be done. And our current private health insurance system is obviously not meeting these serious needs. Sign the petition to tell Congress that mental healthcare should be provided as a right — free of charge!

Thank you,

Miranda
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Suicide is the second leading cause of death for young Americans, claiming nearly 50,000 lives each year. Tell Congress: good mental health is a right, not a privilege.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com