*[Enwl-eng] Anxiety

1 view

ENWLine

Sep 14, 2021, 11:47:37 AM9/14/21
to "ENWL-uni"
Groundbreaking new research funded by our movement shows that young people feel serious distress about climate change -- 75% say the future is frightening! And this crisis of despair is linked to government inaction. The research will be launched today and key decision makers will be watching, days before crucial climate talks start. Send a message to leaders, letting them know that it’s not just young people worried about climate change -- #WeFeelThisToo and demand real climate action NOW: Dear friends, Groundbreaking new research funded by our movement has revealed something utterly shocking: all over the world, young people feel serious distress about climate change. A stunning 75% of the youth said their future is ‘frightening’, more than half believed humanity is doomed! And the research shows something else -- this crisis of despair is linked to the failure of governments to take sufficient climate action.In hours, the mental health experts behind this study will present their findings to the world. Important media and decision makers will be watching -- click on the link below to flood the event’s live discussion with messages -- let's tell our leaders that when it comes to climate anxiety, #WeFeelThisToo:
SEND A MESSAGE
[...]

Climate anxiety is turning into a global health crisis. Leaders must acknowledge our children’s distress and massively scale up their climate ambition. Important UN climate talks will happen right after the launch, and Avaaz will be in the room to deliver our voices.

Read the tips and then click on the link below to leave a message:
  • Does the climate crisis and government inaction make you feel sad, angry, hopeless or betrayed? Share your story with the hashtag #WeFeelThisToo.
  • Let our children know they are not alone -- they’re waiting for all of us to say #WeFeelThisToo.
Time and again, Avaazers have taken action to help guarantee a healthy and thriving planet for our children and grandchildren. We have joined massive marches, sent urgent messages to our leaders and supported climate activists around the world. Let’s stand in solidarity with our children again, and let them know that we feel this too.

With hope for our next generations,

Anneke, Bert, Martyna, Pascal, Patricia, Ruth, and the entire team at Avaaz
Avaaz is a 65-million-person global campaign network that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
You became a member of the Avaaz movement and started receiving these emails when you signed "Join Avaaz!" on 2012-05-15.

To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact .
Avaaz.org
27 Union Square West
Suite 500