*[Enwl-eng] Attempted coup in the US

ENWLine

Jan 9, 2021, 9:39:43 AM1/9/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Trump loyalists just attempted a coup on live television.

Demand that corporations immediately stop donating to the leaders behind the attack on US democracy.

 Sign the petition

We all watched in horror as Trump loyalists in Washington, DC broke into the US Capitol building to stop Congress from certifying the results of the US presidential election.

But the truth is, the disturbing scene that played out at the US Capitol has been four years in the making.

Since taking office, Trump and his cronies in the US Republican party have fanned the flames of racism and xenophobia to make themselves more powerful. And some of the world’s biggest corporations have helped them do it.

Multinational corporations including Microsoft, Amazon, and Google have donated millions of dollars to the Republican politicians who instigated the attack on US democracy.

Tell Google, Microsoft, and Amazon to stop bankrolling hate, and condemn the attempted coup.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will be inaugurated on Jan 20th. Make no mistake about that.

But we've got to help Americans make sure that every person and corporation that played a role in the siege is held accountable. We must help prevent the spread of fascism.

Tell Amazon, Google, and Microsoft: stop funding politicians who are subverting US democracy.

 Sign the petition

Thanks for all that you do,
Toni, Lacey, Vicky, and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

20 corporations, $16 million, and 138 Republicans trying to subvert democracy, Popular Information, January 6, 2021

Trump tweets amid violent Capitol Hill insurrection as leaders beg him to address the nation, CNBC, January 6, 2021

The storming of Capitol Hill was organized on social media, the New York Times, January 6, 2021

SumOfUs is a community of people from around the world committed to curbing the growing power of corporations. We want to buy from, work for and invest in companies that respect the environment, treat their workers well and respect democracy. And we’re not afraid to stand up to them when they don’t.

Please help keep SumOfUs strong by chipping in $3

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2021 8:13 PM
Subject: re: Attempted coup in the US