*[Enwl-eng] No one should have to choose between their health and feeding their family

ENWLine

Apr 30, 2020, 7:29:56 PM4/30/20
to "ENWL-uni"

If there is anything this crisis has taught us, it’s that far too many Americans have to make an unthinkable choice: Do I go to work sick and feed my family, or do I recover and risk losing my job or wages?

The United States lags behind the rest of the industrialized world in providing its workers with paid sick leave. Almost 40% of American workers in the private sector are without paid sick leave protections, and a staggering 79% of low-wage workers do not have paid sick time.

No one should have to choose between getting healthy and losing out on a paycheck. It is time the federal government expands paid sick leave to all workers, in all sectors, whether full-time or part-time. It’s a cost-effective way to improve health outcomes, reduce the spread of illness, and boost productivity.

We need paid sick leave now. Share your thoughts with your friends and followers on social media.

Let's get to work,

Future Majority Advocacy Team

Support Future Majority's Advocacy Efforts

Paid for by Future Majority
Future Majority
1200 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20044