*[Enwl-eng] Bees soaked in poison

ENWLine

Aug 16, 2021, 12:35:08 PM8/16/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Banned neonics are still being doused all over Europe.

Beekeepers are ready to sue governments who are letting this happen -- but they urgently need to pay the legal fees.

Can you chip in to keep bee-killers banned?

Beekeeper holding dead bees

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Bayer is fuming: the EU’s top court has ruled to uphold a ban on bee-killing pesticides.

So Bayer and its pesticide cronies are playing rough -- pressuring national governments to slip toxic neonics through an “emergency” loophole in the law.

Make no mistake -- this is a tactic pesticide companies will repeat over and over until it destroys this bee-saving ban.

That’s why a small group of beekeepers is preparing to sue against these fake “emergencies” -- and force governments to properly enforce the ban. But this won’t be just one lawsuit -- this could take years of constant legal battles until Bayer and Big Ag give up.

So we need to be ready. Just $2 today will go into a mega-legal fund for beekeepers to access the minute they need to sue governments for spraying toxic neonics. People-powered lawsuits have always been our best weapon against the likes of Bayer -- can you chip in to close this bee-killing loophole?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Here’s what’s happening: a ban on bee-killing neonics was passed years back in the EU. Bayer just lost an appeal to overturn this law. But the pesticide lobby has found another tactic to keep its poisons on our fields: backing industrial farms to come up with “emergencies” to dodge the rules.

Every minute, field after field is soaking in bee-killing poisons. And bees are still dropping dead.

People like you fought for and won this historic bee-saving ban on pesticides. So you can fight to save it too.

These beekeepers are ready to sue any national government that is caving in to Bayer, Syngenta and other pesticide bullies’ lobbying: but without financial backing, they won’t be able to pay the lawyers.

So today, we’re asking if you’ll help create the world’s first mega-legal fund to save Europe’s bees. Beekeepers and bee-defenders everywhere can access it whenever they’re up against Bayer, and keep toxic neonics banned forever.

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Thanks for all that you do,
Christian, Anna and the SumOfUs team

More information:

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2021 3:38 PM
Subject: Bees soaked in poison