*[Enwl-eng] Providing opportunities for cooperation in the Baltic Sea region

ENWLine

Feb 21, 2022, 9:01:53 AM2/21/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Newsletter February 2022

View this email in your browser

logo

Providing opportunities for cooperation in the Baltic Sea region

Will year 2022 be the year when we can finally meet in person again? As countries are opening up there are reasons to be optimistic and we look forward to inspiring discussions and increasing cooperation in the region.

While we have seen a massive shift towards online meetings, seminars and conferences during the pandemic we can now see signs from our funded projects that physical meetings are taking place or are being planned. This is hopeful for relations between the countries and people of the Baltic Sea region.

However, we have all also come to see the benefits of meeting online at times. We will continue our initiative "SI Baltic Sea Sessions – sharing results, shaping the region" online with a session focusing on energy efficiency. If you work on energy efficiency we welcome you to join our session to connect with others in the region and find out about their work!

On 17 March 2022, we will launch a call within a new grants programme for cooperation between Sweden and Russia. In early March we also open for applications to the training programme SAYP targeting young professionals who want to deepen their knowledge about modern sustainable governance. Lastly, in this first newsletter of the year, you can find other upcoming calls for applications which provide opportunities for your future engagement in the development of the Baltic Sea region.

> READ ABOUT PROJECTS AND PARTICIPANTS IN OUR PROGRAMMES

​Swedish and Russian students exchanging ideas on climate change

For many years, Globala Gymnasiet in Stockholm has done field studies abroad. This time they turned their eyes eastward to St. Petersburg in Russia.

– Russia is a country close to Sweden. But it nevertheless sometimes feels far away and different, especially to younger persons. With its history, we thought it would be an interesting place to visit, says Emma Sandberg Andrasko, teacher at Globala gymnasiet.

The exchange project has been running since the beginning of this semester and students from the two countries are in continuous contact with each other digitally to discuss climate change issues.  They also hope to be able to visit each other in spring 2023.

Read the full article

New Partnerships Initiative: Sweden-Russia Grants Programme

The New Partnerships Initiative (NPI) grants funding to projects carried out jointly by partners in Sweden and Russia.

Your project should involve youth or young adults in both countries. It should also include professionals who work directly with young people or are responsible for policies which concern them. We are looking for projects which foster exchange, dialogue and lasting relations between the two countries around issues of common interest.

The programme is open to Swedish organisations with a partner in Russia.

A call for applications will be open 17 March – 19 May 2022.

More information in English/ in Swedish.

Read about George Melashvili, former participant in SAYP

George Melashvili attended SAYP in 2016.
He had been part of a group of students interested in diplomacy and peacebuilding who created the Future Diplomat’s Club. This later became the inspiration for the Europe-Georgia Institute (EGI), which is currently the leading independent civil society organisation in Georgia. EGI had been in operation for about a year when George headed to Sweden for the 2016 SAYP.

- When I came back to Georgia, I started to implement the tools that we had learned to create a lasting framework of good governance.

Read his full story online.

Swedish Institute Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP)

SAYP is a training programme developed to build awareness, capacity and resilience in the practice of governance.

We are looking for young professionals who want to deepen their knowledge about modern sustainable governance.

A call for applications opens in early March for young professionals in Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Sweden and Ukraine.

More information on our website.

> ADDITIONAL CALLS FOR APPLICATIONS

SI Scholarships for Global Professionals
We are looking for ambitious individuals with strong professional backgrounds, who would like to study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded scholarship.
Open for applications: 10-28 February. Find out how to apply here.

Academic collaboration in the Baltic Sea region
The Swedish Institute offers funding to Swedish universities, for projects together with their partners in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. Universities from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland may also be involved. The overall thematic area is strengthened capacity for internationalization within higher education and research. The next call opens on 1 June 2022 and closes 30 September, 2022. More information in English/in Swedish.

Third Country Participation in the Baltic Sea region
The Swedish Institute provides actors based in Sweden the opportunity to apply for project funding for the inclusion of actors from Russia or the countries of the EU Eastern Partnership in a current EU-project or a flagship within the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region. The next call opens early summer 2022 and closes 30 September, 2022. More information in English/ in Swedish.

> EVENTS

SI Baltic Sea Sessions -
Energy Efficiency

Welcome to join "SI Baltic Sea Sessions – sharing results, shaping the region" which this time calls together actors interested in energy efficiency.

In the session, we bring forward results related to energy efficiency achieved by partnerships funded by the Swedish Institute.

During the session we will open for reflections, dialogue and hopefully future connections.

Date: 17 March 2022
Time: 13:00-15:00 (CET)
Where: Online Zoom

See more information on our website.

Swedish online meeting on the EUSBSR

Welcome to join an online meeting for Swedish authorities and organisations with an interest in the development of the Baltic Sea region. We will introduce three policy areas of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea region (EUSBSR) and give information on opportunities to support transnational cooperation within the EU's new structural funds programmes. The Swedish national coordinator of the EUSBSR will give an update.

Date: 7 April 2022
Time: 13:00-16:00 (CET)
Where: Online Zoom

Please note that this meeting will be held in Swedish for a Swedish target group.

See more information on our website.

The Swedish Institute (SI) seeks to strengthen Sweden's relations and develop cooperation with the countries located around the Baltic Sea and the countries of the EU Eastern Partnership i.e. Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russian Federation, Sweden and Ukraine. Our activities in the Baltic Sea region contribute to the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region and to the EU Eastern Partnership framework. Read more.

Please feel free to circulate the newsletter to others who you think would benefit from this information. It is possible to subscribe to the Swedish Institute's newsletter about cooperation in the Baltic Sea region. Subscribe by filling out the form on this link.

Contacts at the Swedish Institute:
Annika Claesson, Programme Manager, +46 8 453 78 58, annika....@si.se
Camilla Wristel, Programme Manager, +46 8 453 79 67camilla...@si.se
Gabor Schneider, Programme Manager, +46 8 453 78 59gabor.s...@si.se
Markus Boman, Programme Manager, +46 8 453 79 64, markus...@si.se

Further contacts can be found on the webpages of our respective programmes.

Photos: Janus Langhorn/imagebank.sweden.se, Shutterstock, Ulf Lundin/imagebank.sweden.se, George Tsopurashvili, Amer-Kapetanovic, Johan Bävman, Margareta Bloom Sandebäck, Shutterstock.

Facebook   Twitter

http://si.se
Swedish Institute | Virkesvägen 2 | 120 30 Stockholm | sinews...@si.se

Sent with Rule

--
Вы получили это сообщение, поскольку подписаны на группу "seu-international".