*[Enwl-eng] Stop Amazon land grabbing for “sustainable” palm oil!

1 view

enwl

Jan 31, 2023, 10:04:41 AM1/31/23
to "ENWL-uni"

Petition: stop land grabbing for "sustainable" palm oil! +++ Success: people power establishes protected area in Panama
͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
Email not displaying correctly? Display newsletter in browser
Working together for the rainforest
Rainforest Rescue
Aerial view of a small village along a straight dirt road, with oil palm plantations cut into the rainforest behind it
Petition

Stop Amazon land grabbing for “sustainable” palm oil!

Dear friends of the rainforest,

Is there really such a thing as “sustainable” palm oil?

Agropalma – Brazil's largest palm oil producer – sports no less than ten different seals. Certified as organic, fair and sustainable, the company sells its oil to food giants such as Ferrero, Kellogg’s and Nestlé. A paragon of sustainability – on paper, at any rate.

But is it? Much of Agropalma's plantation land was likely grabbed illegally, and Amazon communities complain of rampant human rights abuses at the hands of the company.

Please sign our petition and tell the food industry to stop buying Agropalma palm oil and put an end to label fraud!

TAKE ACTION

Thanks for being involved,

John Hayduska

Rainforest Rescue (Rettet den Regenwald e. V)

Portrait

Share this petition
 Facebook   Twitter   WhatsApp   Email

Success

People power establishes protected area in Panama

For more than ten years, farmers, environmental activists and scientists fought for a law that would protect the Santa Maria River basin in Panama. They are now celebrating a huge success.

SUCCESS

Support Rainforest Rescue

Support Rainforest Rescue with a donation – with your help, we actively fight for the protection of rainforests. We raise funds for partner organizations on the ground, organize protests and work to raise awareness. Together, we can achieve even more!

DONATE NOW

Follow us

 Facebook   Twitter

Rettet den Regenwald e.V. (Rainforest Rescue)
Jupiterweg 15, 22391 Hamburg, Germany
Tel: +49 40 228 510 80

in...@rainforest-rescue.org  •  www.rainforest-rescue.org

Photo Credits:
image 1: Cicero Pedrosa Neto / Global Witness
image 2: istock.com
image 3: Angelika Hofer

Sent: Monday, January 30, 2023 3:37 PM
Subject: Stop Amazon land grabbing for “sustainable” palm oil!