*[Enwl-eng] eNews: The Future of Gray Wolf Conservation in Jeopardy

ENWLine

May 8, 2013, 3:24:39 PM5/8/13
to "ENWL-uni"
Take Action

A Decision With Dire Consequences

Just last week, Defenders learned that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife
Service may be moving forward with their proposal to remove all
Endangered Species Act protections for most of the gray wolves across
America. This one decision could forever change the future of gray
wolves and set a catastrophic precedent for prematurely delisting
species that haven't yet fully recovered.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=x4mam58OM8slgAyqeY85zA

Please send an urgent message to Secretary of Interior Sally Jewell
- demand that gray wolves retain the federal protection they
need to ensure their recovery in the wild. »

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=BaFLCh0DU7r-5tJX4wUV3Q

Feature

Summer Outlook Grim for Florida Manatee

582. Sadly, that's the number of manatees that have already died in
2013. A death toll that has already surpassed the total number of
manatees that died last year. With summer months approaching,
human-caused threats are bound to pose a greater risk to our oceans'
most lovable creature.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=bDH5NLfwcwRKycv0py_9dQ

Learn more about Defenders commitment and efforts to save Florida
manatees »

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=8m9bQjdyg5JHRQSnAqFsNQ

[PROMO: A Message from Liberty Mutual]

At Liberty Mutual we work to do the right thing.
Just like you.

Liberty Mutual

Responsibility is integral to who we are at Liberty Mutual Insurance
and we admire your commitment to saving wildlife and doing the right
thing. We are proud to partner with Defenders of Wildlife to offer
quality auto, home, and renters insurance.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=IjTBelgO_Blb9nYquA5E1w

As a member of Defenders of Wildlife you could receive our caring
service, expert advice, and quality coverage all at exclusive savings.

Learn more and get a free quote from Liberty Mutual.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=uowTqK-3zGlqvZE-Q0xmdQ

Wins for Wildlife

Victory for Sea Turtles!

After more than a decade of fighting for new protections, sea turtles
and their hatchlings are now much safer on Mexican's beaches.
Learn more about this important victory for sea turtles! »

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=zODSWqOq1N4z8A1onAkkxA

Into the Wild

Earlier this month, one of Defenders' Florida staff members had the
unique opportunity to witness an endangered Florida panther released
back into the wild.

Learn more about her awe-inspiring experience »

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=bG8yrzhAIwNu5uxbJ9I8_Q

Defending Wildlife

'Hopping' for Protections

In the high Sierra Nevada, three rare amphibians that face more than
their fair share of threats, may finally be on their way
to getting the protections they need.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=TVRLJsV875JsZ4wUGfmJMg

Learn more »

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=xLtwKubrR6gDbakASgNsKQ

Mothers Day 2013

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=DCDkIJdaBSmz9rVlhUoVEw

Charitable gift annuity WLS CD

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=tlJfGwfPMqaTmW1rD6nHdg

A steady income for you ... a brighter future for wildlife.
Learn More About a Charitable Gift Annuity »

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=wFJ_tFAVzU3zuy-WEapLcQ

Creature Feature
Sage Grouse

Who's the fanciest bird on the prairie? The sage grouse is! But despite
their flamboyant tailfeathers and elaborate courtships, this bird's habitat
is rapidly declining.
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=b7Pj7LMWOsh0aKBib3aP2A

Learn about Defenders' efforts to protect this iconic wild creature.
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=q4KrGLe99ldq5wEmHUBX0Q

Get Wild

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=pJ3S1LjVaVtE3UZN81_iYA

Connect with Defenders!

Facebook

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=oGHaVTbiNSaVdiYsylk6NQ

Twitter

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=cqu307coEMhxwdxi0m_NMA

YouTube

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=CXtn3QKMx9x0hnkaySS-MQ

Wild Lifestyle

Follow Jamie on Twitter!

Follow our President Jamie Rappaport Clark on twitter to hear the
latest on defenders efforts to conserve wildlife!
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=9-Pk2y7joFps206XqG2NoA

Defender's Home

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=SWS4jrNE04IUolI9sDhxzQ

Privacy Policy

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=aYQ04xXe_lKJ5kDiDsWGjg

Contact Us

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=-PhlGI0CUmbZalEuVNvPNw

Donate Now

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=NiN_S4OjyHmFgI16JJD2Pg

Copyright 2013, Defenders of Wildlife

Defenders of Wildlife is a national, nonprofit membership
organization dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals
and plants in their natural communities.

Defenders of Wildlife can be contacted at:
1130 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036