Changes to the enclojure project and upcoming release

Eric Thorsen

Dec 23, 2008, 9:25:10 AM12/23/08
to enclojure
We made several changes to the Clojure plugin for Netbeans.
We started the project early on this year and have been following the
Clojure development track. With the latest AOT and a Clojure release,
we decided to start fresh so that we would have a cleaner code base
moving forward. We have separated out the code we consider to be non-
ide-platform related and ide-platform specific into 2 separate
libraries (enclojure-clojure-lib and enclojure-nb-clojure-plugin
respectively). This will enable us to move along a track outside any
specific IDE platform and maintain compatibility license wise with the
rest of the Clojure community.
We have also moved off of SourceForge and on to google.code.
I was planning on having a release out around 12/7 but we decided to
make the effort now to make these structural / logistical changes
now. We will post the release we've been testing before x-mas (today
or tomorrow) and post any known issues at that time. We are using the
issue tracker in google code for each of the libraries.

For those of you that want to tinker with the code right away, please
read the note below.
Thanks!
Eric

Changes to the enclojure / clojure plugin project:

We separated out the code we consider to be non-ide-platform related
and ide-platform specific into 2 separate libraries.
1. enclojure-clojure-lib
This is the library for non-ide-platform specific code so that this
work could be used outside the context of the Netbeans plugin. The
license is EPL to be compatible with the work going on in the clojure
community.
It is hosted at google code:
http://code.google.com/p/enclojure-clojure-lib

2. enclojure-nb-clojure-plugin
This project contains the code specific to the clojure plugin for
Netbeans. The license is GPL-2 with classpath exception.
It is hosted at google code:
http://code.google.com/p/enclojure-nb-clojure-plugin

Building:

3rd party libraries:
There is a set of 3rd party libraries that are not incorporated an
automated build as of yet. We will correct this as soon as possible.
The directory structure for building the current trunk off a working
directory must be:
working-dir/enclojure-clojure-lib
working-dir/enclojure-nb-clojure-plugin
working-dir/third-party

Where the 1st 2 directories contain the projects above and the third-
party must contain:
a. From the Apache commons project:
third-party/Apache/commons-exec-1.0.0.jar
third-party/Apache/commons-io-1.4.jar
third-party/Apache/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
b. From Netbeans:
third-party/Netbeans/org-netbeans-modules-lexer.jar
third-party/Netbeans/swing-layout-1.0.3.jar
c. From Clojure:
third-party/clojure/clojure.jar

Eric Thorsen
ThorTech Solutions