Now I can no longer login MSN...

Franklin

Nov 7, 2011, 10:47:56 PM11/7/11
to emesene
Hi forum,

These days MSN seems to have some changes, about contact list servers.
All my MSN clients, including kopete, kmess, emesene1, are all having
problems getting contacts list.

KMess have a patch, about changing the contact list server from
omega.contacts.msn.com to local-sn.contacts.msn.com, and it worked on
some of my accounts but not on another.

I tried to patch emesene 1.6.3 but failed. Now all my emesene1 and
emesene2 are all failed to get contact lists.

Actually, it should have logged in because it would kick my connected
account out. However, it seems to fail to get my contact list.
It just hangs there, running the login.

I used emesene2 current git version and the problem is still there
now.

Do you have the same problem?

Thanks,
Franklin

Alexandra Chávez

Nov 8, 2011, 12:54:46 AM11/8/11
to emesene
I have same problem, i use emesene 1 windows , but i tray linux and
all versions ... all failed...
the worst is im not expert... im a single user that loves emesene
1.6.3
if you fix this ... let me know...
thanks

On 7 nov, 21:47, Franklin <frank...@goodhorse.idv.tw> wrote:
> Hi forum,
>
> These daysMSNseems to have some changes, about contact list servers.
> All myMSNclients, including kopete, kmess, emesene1, are all having
> problems getting contacts list.
>
> KMess have a patch, about changing the contact list server from
> omega.contacts.msn.com to local-sn.contacts.msn.com, and it worked on
> some of my accounts but not on another.
>
> I tried to patch emesene 1.6.3 but failed.  Nowall my emesene1 and

Tao Zhu

Nov 8, 2011, 2:55:41 AM11/8/11
to emesene
I found aMSN still work. However it is ugly and doesn't intergrate
with the desktop well. So it is only an emergency tool

Alvaro Sugueti

Nov 8, 2011, 3:15:46 AM11/8/11
to eme...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem with Nimbuzz on my java mobile phone, it connects correctly to Google Talk and Facebook, but on WLM it's say "Server response out of time"
It seems like it is universal change, and all clients have to upgrade to the new system.

Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin)

Nov 8, 2011, 3:15:50 AM11/8/11
to eme...@googlegroups.com

pidgin is working too.
signature.asc

Christian Gómez

Nov 8, 2011, 4:09:00 AM11/8/11
to emesene
Hi!

I have same problem...

I love emesene 1.6.3

Fabrizio

Nov 8, 2011, 4:14:19 AM11/8/11
to emesene
Interesting thing.
Same problem here.
What's happens?

Franklin Weng

Nov 8, 2011, 4:16:17 AM11/8/11
to eme...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the contact list servers were changed.

I tried to change the server name in the code but not worked.

2011/11/8 Fabrizio <fab...@gmail.com>:

> Interesting thing.
> Same problem here.
> What's happens?

Fabrizio

Nov 8, 2011, 4:51:22 AM11/8/11
to emesene
Which server have you tried?
I'm using messenger.hotmail.com port 1863

Franklin Weng

Nov 8, 2011, 4:55:04 AM11/8/11
to eme...@googlegroups.com
I mean the server MSN stored our contact lists.

KMess has the same problem and someone provided a patch, changing the

contact list server from "omega.contacts.msn.com" to

"local-sn.contacts.msn.com" and overrided a preferred server name. It
solved some of my problem.

I tried to change the same thing in the emesene but I still couldn't
get it right.

Fabrizio

Nov 8, 2011, 5:42:23 AM11/8/11
to emesene

Sven (Sbte)

Nov 8, 2011, 6:51:09 AM11/8/11
to emesene
Should work with current master. Please test.

On Nov 8, 11:42 am, Fabrizio <fab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/papyon-bugs/2011-November/00013...

the98

Nov 8, 2011, 8:34:25 AM11/8/11
to emesene
Works with current master :D

Aline de Oliveira Freitas

Nov 8, 2011, 11:52:47 AM11/8/11
to eme...@googlegroups.com

That problem was driving me insane! But in fact, I don't know how to solve it.. Neither in Emesene, nor in Kmess. Anyone with a tip of Where i need to change do make it work on any of them :D?
2011/11/8 the98 <mar...@gmail.com>

--
Aline de Oliveira Freitas

Bolsista de Iniciação Científica no NSI - Instituto Federal Fluminense
Estudante do 7º Período de Sistemas de Informação no Instituto Federal Fluminense
Técnica em Informática, formada pelo Instituto Federal Fluminense em 2008

Aline de Oliveira Freitas

Nov 8, 2011, 11:53:26 AM11/8/11
to eme...@googlegroups.com
I need to change to make it work* sorry, my mistake

Franklin Weng

Nov 8, 2011, 11:54:33 AM11/8/11
to eme...@googlegroups.com
Waiting for newest ppa release... the current master version could work, though the icons couldn't show in my system tray, but the main program works.

the98

Nov 8, 2011, 12:01:34 PM11/8/11
to emesene
I don't know if this is related to the no login problem, but I'm not
able to check my e-mail from emesene. I mean, when I click on the e-
mail button, it doesn't redirects me to Hotmails Inbox.

On Nov 8, 1:54 pm, Franklin Weng <frank...@goodhorse.idv.tw> wrote:
> Waiting for newest ppa release... the current master version could work,
> though the icons couldn't show in my system tray, but the main program
> works.
>
> 2011/11/9 Aline de Oliveira Freitas <line.freit...@gmail.com>
>

> > That problem was driving me insane! But in fact, I don't know how to solve
> > it.. Neither in Emesene, nor in Kmess. Anyone with a tip of Where i need to
> > change do make it work on any of them :D?

Sven (Sbte)

Nov 8, 2011, 12:03:01 PM11/8/11
to emesene
It might be related in a way that M$ doing a lot of things at the same
time all of a sudden, but it's a different issue.

Alexandra Chávez

Nov 8, 2011, 4:07:02 PM11/8/11
to emesene
Parece que ya hay una solución... ahora falta esperar que los
expertos ... hagan su maravilloso trabajo .. para que los simples
mortales podamos agradecer ... usar emesene 1.6.3 otra vez...
por que ... tal vez a alguien le pueda ayudar esto ...http://
blog.emesene.org/2011/11/emesene-is-unable-to-connect.html
por que yo no entiendo nadaaaaaa....
:(

Dave

Nov 8, 2011, 4:43:43 PM11/8/11
to emesene
Solo hay que bajar ese archivo, entrar a la carpeta emesene y ejecutar
emesene (doble click en ubuntu o ./emesene desde una terminal), es muy
simple

Alexandra Chávez

Nov 9, 2011, 12:56:16 PM11/9/11
to emesene
Muchas gracias ...ha funcionado ... en linux...
y Windows ?

Espero que pronto ...

Saluditos!!

Viva Emesene!!!!

Ariel Juodziukynas

Nov 9, 2011, 6:35:42 PM11/9/11
to eme...@googlegroups.com
En windows anda si lo usan directamente desde el source. Estoy tratando de arreglar el installer a ver si está listo para cuando quieran lanzar la versión con el fix.

John

Nov 10, 2011, 8:45:59 AM11/10/11
to emesene
The solution for emesene 1 uberlandia is quite simple.

Just replace "contacts.msn.com" by "local-bay.contacts.msn.com" in
files requests.py and templates.py. In my case (OpenSUSE), those files
were stored in: /usr/lib/emesene/emesenelib/soap

Sven (Sbte)

Nov 10, 2011, 8:51:56 AM11/10/11
to emesene
That will only work for some people, not all

Franklin Weng

Nov 10, 2011, 9:16:47 AM11/10/11
to eme...@googlegroups.com
You also need to change three places in the
emesenelib/ProfileManager.py, line 661, 693 and 735.

kaisukaru

Nov 15, 2011, 3:19:56 PM11/15/11
to emesene
But how to fix 1.6.3 on Windows??? 2.11.11 is not the answer, it's
buggy, bloated and butt ugly. I'd rather use the real live messenger.
Message has been deleted

Sven (Sbte)

Nov 15, 2011, 3:30:56 PM11/15/11
to emesene
You could download the source and run it from there. There's probably
a guide somewhere that tells you how to do that.

And there's no one that stops you from using WLM. That or you could
help us improve 2.11.11 (at least by telling what's wrong). 1.6.3 is
not supported any more.