Anyone know why I'm getting this?

neo302

May 28, 2008, 1:01:59 AM5/28/08
to ELMAH
Hi,

ELMAH works perfect when I'm simply debugging in Visual Studio.

I'm able to access the trace.axd, but not the Elmah.axd. I have
folders where its trying to find it.

As soon as I put the project in IIS 7 on Vista I get the following
error:

Error Summary
HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name
changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Detailed Error
InformationModule IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070002
Requested URL http://192.168.103.62:80/dddd/dddd/elmah.axd
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\dddd\dddd\elmah.axd
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous
Most likely causes:
The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.
The URL contains a typographical error.
A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the
file.
Things you can try:
Create the content on the Web server.
Review the browser URL.

Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status
code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information
about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.
Links and More InformationThis error means that the file or directory
does not exist on the server. Create the file or directory and try the
request again.
View more information »

James_2JS

May 28, 2008, 1:17:41 PM5/28/08
to ELMAH
Hi there!

Haven't played with IIS7 myself, however...

> As soon as I put the project in IIS 7 on Vista I get the following
> error:

... this looks quite similar to the problem described by Rick Strahl
here...
http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/365690.aspx

What do you think??

Cheers,

James

James_2JS

May 31, 2008, 3:02:35 AM5/31/08
to ELMAH
Hi,

Just installed IIS7 and had a little play... seems like you need to
add this to the <configuration> section...

<system.webServer>
<!--
IIS5x, IIS6 requires the modules and handlers to be declared
in <system.web>
IIS7 needs them declared here and moans if they are declared
in <system.web>!!

Fortunately, <validation
validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" /> tells
IIS7 not to worry about the modules and handlers declared in
<system.web>!!

If you only ever want to use IIS7, then do the following:
1) remove handlers and modules from <system.web>
2) remove the <validation
validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" /> line
That should do it!!!
-->
<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
<modules>
<add name="Elmah.ErrorLog" type="Elmah.ErrorLogModule, Elmah"
preCondition="managedHandler" />
<!--<add name="Elmah.ErrorFilter"
type="Elmah.ErrorFilterModule" preCondition="managedHandler" />-->
<!--<add name="Elmah.ErrorMail" type="Elmah.ErrorMailModule"
preCondition="managedHandler" />-->
</modules>
<handlers>
<add name="Elmah" path="elmah.axd" verb="POST,GET,HEAD"
type="Elmah.ErrorLogPageFactory, Elmah" preCondition="integratedMode" /

</handlers>
</system.webServer>

neo302

Jun 1, 2008, 1:01:14 AM6/1/08
to ELMAH
Thanks James! I got it to work earlier by actually manually inserting
the Elmah information in IIS in the
handler mapping section using the IIS Manager. I will go over what you
posted.

Thanks for researching!