janoma incompatibility

nnimar

Sep 7, 2008, 5:09:27 AM9/7/08
to ElectroTap
Hi,

I'm using Max 5 with Tap.Tools 3b8. Yesterday I decided to install the
very latest biuld of janoma (Version 0.5.0b02a) and got this result ;

Jamoma 0.5 Beta - www.jamoma.org
tap.tools: unable to load object bundle executable
2008-09-07 10:01:54.812 MaxMSP[586:20b] Error loading /Applications/
Max5/Cycling '74/extensions/tap.tools.mxo/Contents/MacOS/tap.tools:
dlopen(/Applications/Max5/Cycling '74/extensions/tap.tools.mxo/
Contents/MacOS/tap.tools, 262): Symbol not found: __ZN1
3TTAudioSignal9setVectorEttPf
Referenced from: /Applications/Max5/Cycling '74/extensions/
tap.tools.mxo/Contents/MacOS/tap.tools
Expected in: /Library/Frameworks/TTBlue.framework/Versions/A/TTBlue

I have tried several which seemed to work but I got the following
message ;

newobj: tap.ascii: No such object
newobj: tap.ascii: No such object
newobj: tap.ascii: No such object
newobj: tap.ascii: No such object
jit.matrixinfo: doesn't understand "done"
jit.matrixset: doesn't understand "done"
jit.matrixinfo: doesn't understand "done"
jit.matrixset: doesn't understand "done"

best,

Nicolas

Tim Place

Sep 8, 2008, 6:54:08 AM9/8/08
to elect...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I didn't realize this newest Jamoma installer had been posted. It is
indeed not compatible with the latest Tap.Tools beta.

The shared framework between the two (Jamoma and Tap.Tools) is
TTBlue. TTBlue has been undergoing a lot of work and changes in the
last number of months. The most recent changes have been aiming at
insulating both Tap.Tools and Jamoma so that they don't break when
there are changes. This situation stabilizing is one of the things
(besides documentation) that is holding Tap.Tools 3 in beta at the
moment.

best,
Tim

Trond Lossius

Sep 13, 2008, 11:49:22 AM9/13/08
to elect...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I believe the new Jamoma beta was posted in response to Pascals request.

Best,
Trond

Macciza

Sep 30, 2008, 10:22:07 AM9/30/08
to ElectroTap
G'day All
New to the list - first post.
Have just got similar error message coming fom the other direction.
Had Jamoma beta running with no complaints but gives errors after
install of beta8 mac.

jcom.loader: unable to load object bundle executable
2008-09-30 22:24:53.509 MaxMSP[614] CFLog (21): Error loading /
Applications/_AUDIO/Max5/Cycling '74/extensions/jcom.loader.mxo/
Contents/MacOS/jcom.loader: error code 4, error number 0 (Symbol not
found: __ZN8TTObject11sendMessageEPK8TTSymbol
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Jamoma.framework/Versions/A/
Jamoma
Expected in: /Library/Frameworks/TTBlue.framework/Versions/A/TTBlue
)

Any suggestions on course of action from here?
Should I remove one or the other? Which one?
Will now test performance and see what is working . . .

Cheers
Macciza

Timothy Place

Oct 18, 2008, 10:02:59 AM10/18/08
to elect...@googlegroups.com
All issues like this should be resolved with the latest betas (Tap.Tools beta 9 and Jamoma beta 4).

best,
  Tim