==> my mLearning project for eduMOOC week4 - call (323) 686-6375

edtechsean

Jul 21, 2011, 4:20:29 PM7/21/11
to eduMOOC
Here's my mLearning project for eduMOOC I just finished today =)
To try the quizzes you can call: (323) 686-6375

IN A NUTSHELL: it's for a summer 2011 class of adult ESL learners in a
low income area of Los Angeles who for the most part have cell phones,
but not smart phones (or internet access at home). So I'm making the
internet available to them via simple cell phones.

I'd *LOVE* to get your feedback: Here's the blog post with more info
about it:
http://goo.gl/iE6vj

Cheers,
Sean C. Abajian
graduate student, California State University Northridge

PS: Would you like me to make this available locally in your country?
Let me know what city/country you live in and I'll do my best to set
up a local telephone number =)

Rebecca

Jul 21, 2011, 6:28:38 PM7/21/11
to eduMOOC
Do I need to call using a mobile phone? Or can I use skype or a
landline to call?

edtechsean

Jul 21, 2011, 8:29:40 PM7/21/11
to eduMOOC
Hi Rebecca,
Landlines work fine, with the exception of the SMS component for the
prize message - unless the landline is SMS-enabled as some office
phones are.
Skype should work (using the keypad). If you have a caller ID set up
on Skype (mine is a Google Voice number) then the SMS should go to
that number.
Cheers,
Sean

Harbans

Jul 22, 2011, 5:01:48 AM7/22/11
to eduMOOC
Sean C. Abajian
Thanks for offreing in other country mLearning
project for eduMOOC . I understand it is free . could it suit to
indian who resides at Batala in punjab india phone 9815840530?
regards
harbans

edtechsean

Jul 22, 2011, 12:53:45 PM7/22/11
to eduMOOC
Hi Harbans,
I can set up a local number in South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Chile,
Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Japan, several European
countries, the US, Canada and a few other countries. Unfortunately,
at this time I don't have any numbers in India, however, a service
like Jaxtr might work.