Free webinars

Gandalf

Jul 2, 2011, 4:37:45 AM7/2/11
to edu...@googlegroups.com
Thought this maybe an appropriate group to ask
does anyone know of a free way of hosting a webinar?
trying to run one, but have NO budget to do so, so free would be nice....

any ideas?

Dr Gandalf

Twitter: @drgandalf52

Blog: http://egplearning.co.uk/blog

Website: www.egplearning.co.uk – an e-learning portal for GPs

Gia

Jul 2, 2011, 8:06:01 AM7/2/11
to eduMOOC
There are various free platforms available. You could, for example,
give http://www.mikogo.com/ a try. Another alternative is Big Blue
Button (http://bigbluebutton.org/) which is open source and has a
plugin for Moodle afaik.

I've not used either extensively, so please use at own risk. If you
try them, I'd love to know what you think.

Hope this helps.
Gia

On Jul 2, 9:37 am, Gandalf <drhussaingan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thought this maybe an appropriate group to ask
> does anyone know of a free way of hosting a webinar?
> trying to run one, but have NO budget to do so, so free would be nice....
>
> any ideas?
>
> Dr Gandalf
>
> *Twitter:* @drgandalf52   <http://twitter.com/#!/drgandalf52>
>
> *Blog:*http://egplearning.co.uk/blog
>
> *Website:*www.egplearning.co.uk– an e-learning portal for GPs

Cheri Toledo

Jul 2, 2011, 9:28:27 AM7/2/11
to edu...@googlegroups.com
Dr. Gandalf,

Try WizIQ, it's used extensively and enables archiving the webcasts.

Dr. Cheri Toledo
Educational Technology
http://drctedd.wordpress.com

Karen

Jul 3, 2011, 9:23:48 AM7/3/11
to eduMOOC
Try LearnCentral http://www.learncentral.org/

On Jul 2, 4:37 am, Gandalf <drhussaingan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thought this maybe an appropriate group to ask
> does anyone know of a free way of hosting a webinar?
> trying to run one, but have NO budget to do so, so free would be nice....
>
> any ideas?
>
> Dr Gandalf
>
> *Twitter:* @drgandalf52   <http://twitter.com/#!/drgandalf52>
>
> *Blog:*http://egplearning.co.uk/blog
>
> *Website:*www.egplearning.co.uk– an e-learning portal for GPs

Cyd

Jul 3, 2011, 6:53:01 PM7/3/11
to eduMOOC
Many of my songwriter friends teach webinars on songwriting, voice and
other such musical topics. Many of them use ustream.com. it's
completely free and easy to use. some of them also post some of their
gigs on ustream.
I also took an orientation webinar for livemind.com. havent had a
chance to play around with it yet, but it looks pretty easy to use,
too. Both livemind and ustream have a wide variety of options to
choose from.