Popplet - a new collaborative (?) Prezi-like workspace

John Graves

Jul 5, 2011, 8:08:29 AM7/5/11
to edu...@googlegroups.com
If eduMOOC wants to experiment with a collaborative, online canvas, Popplet has an interesting offering.

Here is a music video explaining (?) what it is all about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU5q7ms4LfI

Here is a link to an eduMOOC Popplet:
http://popplet.com/app/#/49325
Please reply to this post if try the link. Curious to know how it works.

Popplet might be a fun space to play while we go live at:
http://edumooc2011.blogspot.com/2011/06/edumooc-live-studio.html
on
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=MetaMooc+Webcast+%231&iso=20110706T14

( And if you aren't familiar with Prezi, here is a link to that: http://prezi.com/ )

John Graves
john....@aut.ac.nz
+64 21 213 8367 (mobile)
http://bit.ly/JohnGravesLinkedIn

BethRu...@gfs.org

Jul 6, 2011, 1:52:25 PM7/6/11
to eduMOOC
Seems like a very interesting tool.....but as a high school teacher,
most tools I try to use I try to have my students use. The user
agreement is quite specific about the product not being directed for
those under 18. While I love new tools, I'm not likely to work with
this one because of the age restriction. It's a cool concept, though.

On Jul 5, 8:08 am, "John Graves" <john.gra...@aut.ac.nz> wrote:
> If eduMOOC wants to experiment with a collaborative, online canvas, Popplet has an interesting offering.
>
> Here is a music video explaining (?) what it is all about:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU5q7ms4LfI
>
> Here is a link to an eduMOOC Popplet:http://popplet.com/app/#/49325
> Please reply to this post if try the link. Curious to know how it works.
>
> Popplet might be a fun space to play while we go live at:http://edumooc2011.blogspot.com/2011/06/edumooc-live-studio.html
> onhttp://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=MetaMooc+Webcast...
>
> ( And if you aren't familiar with Prezi, here is a link to that:http://prezi.com/)
>
> John Graves
> john.gra...@aut.ac.nz
> +64 21 213 8367 (mobile)http://bit.ly/JohnGravesLinkedIn

Leigh Makay

Jul 6, 2011, 11:42:24 PM7/6/11
to edu...@googlegroups.com
I can see it but I don't seem to be able to get the link on my iPad.  It's a great idea.
--

Leigh Makay, Ph.D.

Contributing Faculty
Center for Undergraduate Studies
Walden University
155 Fifth Avenue South
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401
Web site: www.waldenu.edu

John Graves

Jul 18, 2011, 7:48:18 AM7/18/11
to eduMOOC
Here I have used Popplet as the basis for organizing a Wiki-to-Speech
"lecture" (33 slides) on theory building applied to theories of on-
line learning:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12838403/20110718/learning_theory.htm

If anyone would like to revise / contribute to the presentation behind
this version, the link to the .odp file is:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12838403/20110718/learning_theory.odp

Statistics on this production:
Time to produce: ~3 hours (~180 minutes)
Time to play all 33 slides without pausing: ~7 minutes
Production to playback ratio: ~25 to 1