Building a MOOC guide collaboratively

Ignatia/Inge de Waard

Jul 8, 2011, 4:28:14 AM7/8/11
to eduMOOC
hi all,
Just wanted to let you know that I have been writing up a MOOC guide
for anyone who wants to set up a MOOC themsleves. This guide was
written during the MobiMOOC that I initiated and which ran from 2nd
April - 14 May 2011, focusing on mobile learning. As such it also has
some pointers for people wanting to make their MOOC accessible for
mobiles.

Feel free to add to the guide, I put it up as a wiki, enabling all of
us - and others who are interested - to add to the guide and build on
each of our ideas and strengths.

Link to the MOOC guide:
http://moocguide.wikispaces.com/0.+Home+Intro+to+MOOC/

The guide was inspired by the great dynamics from the MobiMOOC'rs, of
which many of you are in eduMOOC as well.

And now... back to work in the OERu part of the eduMOOC :-)

hewa

Jul 20, 2011, 5:40:15 AM7/20/11
to edu...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ignatia,

It was a great experience to interact and my first experience of MOOC.
just glance the MOOC Guide, it is also great.
one suggestion - based on the MobiMOOC to eduMOOC

- it is important to mention learning activities to be completed during every active week.
just google group open discussions is not enough.

lets see what others think.

rgds hewa

Apostolos K.

Jul 20, 2011, 5:12:45 PM7/20/11
to eduMOOC
I've posted this *somewhere* on EduMOOC, but since we're really
distributed, I am not really sure where I posted it :-) At the risk
of sounding redundant here is my suggestion:

I was thinking that we could write a How-to-MOOC-Book (hey, it
rhymes!!! lol) in a similar way as Theory and Practice of Online
Learning (http://cde.athabascau.ca/online_book/) We could try to get
people who have run MOOCs or are interested in MOOCs to write chapters
that someone can edit and we can provide a free eBOOK and for those
who want a paperback book there could be a print edition (so, in other
words what Theory and Practice of Online learning)

People that I had in mind for the Book are Downes, Siemes, de Waard,
and Cormier; in addition people (like me!) who'd like to contribute a
chapter could do so :-) I think a 15-20 chapter book might be a good
length to aim for since it would be inclusive and topics could include
(among other things):

* Theory and Practice of Connectivism
* MOOCs and Educational Theories (beyond connectivism)
* MOOC Planning
* MOOC implementation
* Learner Engagement & Motivation
* Learner Analysis (learner profiles)
* Tips for learners in MOOCs
* MOOC post-mortem analysis (aka MOOC summative assessment)
* Learner assessment (if you choose to "test" learners by having
deliverable like DS106 did)
....and more...

I think Inge was on-board with this project, I wonder if others are as
well. Before anyone starts typing out their chapters and doing their
research there ought to be some planning about what is going to be
included, how peer-review will function and so on so we can all get on
the same page.