ANNOUNCEMENTs - Please post within threads or create new thread in Google Groups ... and more

rayschroeder

Jun 22, 2011, 5:50:06 PM6/22/11
to eduMOOC
Hi-

Google Groups allows you to create threads. The key is to "reply" to a
posting in the thread in which you want your new posting to appear.
For example, if you want to post an introduction, please enter the
Introductions thread and "reply" to the first posting (or another to
which you may wish to reply).

We have threads begun for discussions of materials in weeks one and
two. We will add threads for the other weekly discussions. So, we can
use those threads for postings related to items raised for those
topics or those weeks.

There was, appropriately, a new thread created in which to discuss
creating a page (for those who desire) to list their social media and
contact information. We are responding to the request by creating a
form which you MAY use (realizing that this will be open to the two
billion people on the Web worldwide) to share your email, twitter, web
page, blog, and other such sites.

In sum, it's good to create new threads for new topics! But, if there
already is a thread, for introductions for example, please place your
introductions in that thread. :-)

We are arranging streaming of the eight live Thursday sessions. We to
be able to accommodate the hundreds of us that will be available at
the "live" session times on Thursday afternoons (US central time). We
will post the times and URLs as we get closer to the first session
next Thursday, June 30. All sessions will be recorded. A link to
each recording will be posted about three hours after the session is
completed.

This MOOC is an adventure for us all! Thanks to tektrekker and others
who are helping to make this a success.

Thanks for your help and participation.

ray

Anil

Jun 23, 2011, 12:19:30 PM6/23/11
to edu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ray, Greetings! and thank you for the briefing.

Warm regards
Anil

mcgr...@uif.uillinois.edu

Jun 23, 2011, 12:49:03 PM6/23/11
to eduMOOC
Thanks for these tips :) I can use the coaching!

Dr.Garman

Jun 23, 2011, 3:33:03 PM6/23/11
to eduMOOC
Good Thursday to all from Hot Florida ,
I am so excited to be part of this group.
My name is Arifa Garman. I work as an Elearning Technologies Project
Manager with Gulf Coast State College, Panama City, Florida.

I look forward to an exciting 8 weeks.
Thanks for this opportunity
Arifa

Jason Spartz

Jun 24, 2011, 11:12:21 AM6/24/11
to eduMOOC
Hello,

My name is Jason Spartz and I am the Director of Instructional
Technology for Saint Mary’s University in Winona MN. We are offering
a few online courses this summer and I suspect this is an area that I
should continue to understand more about. So I am here to learn about
a MOOC and see what new ideas I can get from this experience. I have
a background in media and information technology as well as a M.A. in
Education.

Jason

Rob Darrow

Jul 29, 2011, 11:01:01 PM7/29/11
to eduMOOC
Nice interview of Ray Schroeder about the EduMooc by Curt Bonk. Read
it here: http://travelinedman.blogspot.com/2011/07/edumooc-on-loose-interview-with-ray.html