Descriptions and Links for Student Surveys

1 view

Tara Minnerly

May 15, 2011, 3:22:49 PM5/15/11
to EDUC6714
Hi everyone,

Here is some of the information I found out about surveys this week. I
didn't find a particular learning profile inventory, but it seems like
a lot of the interest surveys fit into that category.

Interest Inventory
http://eht.k12.nj.us/~Jonesj/Differentiated%20Instruction/interest%20survey%20mid%20stdnts.htm
This survey looks like it can easily be adapted for upper elementary,
middle, or high school students. Furthermore, it could be used to
guide independent learning and/or research projects. In the survey,
students review information in 3 different categories: things to
study, things to do, and places to go. Students select their top 10
interests from any of the list. From the ten they have selected, they
mark the ones they already know a lot about, and star their top
choices. In addition, students can write in interests.

Learning Style Inventory
http://www.scholastic.com/familymatters/parentguides/middleschool/quiz_learningstyles/index.htm
This online inventory from Scholastic is geared toward students
entering middle school. It includes 11 categories, with 3 different
statements for each, and uses a scale from 1-4, going from “least like
me” to “most like me.” The statements reflect visual, auditory, or
kinesthetic preferences and categories relate to areas such as
thinking, learning, memory, and homework completion.

Multiple Intelligences Survey
http://www.teachersfirst.com/getsource.cfm?id=10261
On this website, there is a link for a printable version on the
inventory in English or Spanish. The inventory probably works best for
middle and high school students. It presents a chart with the 8
different sections that represent each intelligence. For each box,
there are 10 statements for students to check all that apply. Each
check gets a point and is just added for each intelligence.

Learning Profile Inventory
http://www.educationoasis.com/curriculum/Printables/printables.htm
On this website, there is a link toward the bottom of the page for a
student information/interest survey suitable for middle school
language arts students. Some of the informational questions ask about
the student’s birthday and city/state of birth. Most of the questions
ask about favorites, including favorite genres and authors.

Sarah Smith

May 15, 2011, 4:01:49 PM5/15/11
to EDUC6714
Thank you for posting this Tara. I hope this means the problems have
been fixed!
sarah

On May 15, 12:22 pm, Tara Minnerly <tsminne...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is some of the information I found out about surveys this week. I
> didn't find a particular learning profile inventory, but it seems like
> a lot of the interest surveys fit into that category.
>
> Interest Inventoryhttp://eht.k12.nj.us/~Jonesj/Differentiated%20Instruction/interest%20...
> This survey looks like it can easily be adapted for upper elementary,
> middle, or high school students. Furthermore, it could be used to
> guide independent learning and/or research projects. In the survey,
> students review information in 3 different categories: things to
> study, things to do, and places to go. Students select their top 10
> interests from any of the list. From the ten they have selected, they
> mark the ones they already know a lot about, and star their top
> choices. In addition, students can write in interests.
>
> Learning Style Inventoryhttp://www.scholastic.com/familymatters/parentguides/middleschool/qui...
> This online inventory from Scholastic is geared toward students
> entering middle school. It includes 11 categories, with 3 different
> statements for each, and uses a scale from 1-4, going from “least like
> me” to “most like me.”  The statements reflect visual, auditory, or
> kinesthetic preferences and categories relate to areas such as
> thinking, learning, memory, and homework completion.
>
> Multiple Intelligences Surveyhttp://www.teachersfirst.com/getsource.cfm?id=10261
> On this website, there is a link for a printable version on the
> inventory in English or Spanish. The inventory probably works best for
> middle and high school students. It presents a chart with the 8
> different sections that represent each intelligence. For each box,
> there are 10 statements for students to check all that apply. Each
> check gets a point and is just added for each intelligence.
>
> Learning Profile Inventoryhttp://www.educationoasis.com/curriculum/Printables/printables.htm

Christy

May 15, 2011, 7:10:27 PM5/15/11
to EDUC6714
I too found that the interest surveys were combined with other forms.
I did see your Scholastic survey before and my school actually used it
with 8th graders this past year to try it out. The teachers seemed
pleased with the results. I haven't looked at your last two, but I
will. =)