A Well-Planned Retirement

Matthew Kruk

Jun 11, 2009, 5:31:19 PM6/11/09
A Well-Planned Retirement From The London Times:

Outside the Bristol Zoo, in England, there is a parking lot for 150 cars and
8 coaches, or buses. It was manned by a very pleasant attendant with a
ticket machine charging cars �1 (about $1.40) and coaches �5 (about $7).
This parking attendant worked there solid for all of 25 years. Then, one
day, he just didn't turn up for work.

"Oh well", said Bristol Zoo Management - "We'd better phone up the City
Council and get them to send a new parking attendant..."

"Err ... no", said the Council, "that parking lot is your responsibility."

"Err ... no", said Bristol Zoo Management, "the attendant was employed by
the City Council, wasn't he?"

"Err ... NO!" insisted the Council.

Sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain, is a bloke who had
been taking the parking lot fees, estimated at �400 (about $620) per day at
Bristol Zoo for the last 25 years.

Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over �3.6 million ($7.6
million)!

And no one even knows his name.

Sharx35

Jun 11, 2009, 8:08:17 PM6/11/09

"Matthew Kruk" <Inag...@da.vida> wrote in message

Spain would be a very poor choice for him to have his villa as the U.K. has
an extradition treaty with Spain.

Mr Frederick

Jun 15, 2009, 6:45:59 AM6/15/09
"Sharx35" <sha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
And what name would you be putting on the extradition request, pray tell?

Sharx35

Jun 16, 2009, 1:53:57 AM6/16/09

"Mr Frederick" <fped...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Whoever lived in the seaside villa. That info can be obtained.

Roger

Jun 16, 2009, 9:28:41 PM6/16/09
Some people are just natural born con men.

I remember a few years ago, an employee in charge of collecting the coins
from ETS stations was siphoning off enough coins to live in a mansion, with
fancy cars, etc. He had been taking thousands of coins daily from the
collection boxes and then depositing rolled up coins in a number of
different banks; posing as an owner of several Arcades in the city, thereby
explaining why he had so much money in coins. I remember reading how careful
he was to take regular amounts, so no spike or drop in revenue would come to
anyone's attention. I don't remember how he was caught, but he was caught,
and some policy changes were made by ETS in regards to security. ETS was
losing major revenue for quite a few years before this guy was caught.

"Matthew Kruk" <Inag...@da.vida> wrote in message

PV

Jun 17, 2009, 2:16:54 AM6/17/09
Roger wrote:
> Some people are just natural born con men.
>
> I remember a few years ago, an employee in charge of collecting the
> coins from ETS stations was siphoning off enough coins to live in a
> mansion, with fancy cars, etc. He had been taking thousands of coins
> daily from the collection boxes and then depositing rolled up coins
> in a number of different banks; posing as an owner of several Arcades
> in the city, thereby explaining why he had so much money in coins. I
> remember reading how careful he was to take regular amounts, so no
> spike or drop in revenue would come to anyone's attention. I don't
> remember how he was caught, but he was caught, and some policy
> changes were made by ETS in regards to security. ETS was losing major
> revenue for quite a few years before this guy was caught.

I remember this guy, his local bank made an addtion to their vault to
contain all the coin he deposited. He told them he ran a vending machine
business. Back then the collectors were not required to provide a machine
receipt for each collection bag, when they tried to enforce this, he told
them a power spike had zeroed out the machine. He lost his $900,000 home
and other items when he was finally caught.

--
PV

"Little men with little minds and little imaginations go through life
in little ruts, smugly resisting all changes which would jar their
little worlds. Zig Zigler

John Fleming

Jun 17, 2009, 8:58:01 PM6/17/09
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:16:54 GMT, while chained to a desk in
the scriptorium "PV" <edr...@NOSPAMtelus.net> wrote:
> $Roger wrote:

> $> Some people are just natural born con men.
> $>
> $> I remember a few years ago, an employee in charge of collecting the
> $> coins from ETS stations was siphoning off enough coins to live in a
> $> mansion, with fancy cars, etc. He had been taking thousands of coins
> $> daily from the collection boxes and then depositing rolled up coins
> $> in a number of different banks; posing as an owner of several Arcades
> $> in the city, thereby explaining why he had so much money in coins. I
> $> remember reading how careful he was to take regular amounts, so no
> $> spike or drop in revenue would come to anyone's attention. I don't
> $> remember how he was caught, but he was caught, and some policy
> $> changes were made by ETS in regards to security. ETS was losing major
> $> revenue for quite a few years before this guy was caught.
> $> ............................................................................
> $
> $I remember this guy, his local bank made an addtion to their vault to
> $contain all the coin he deposited. He told them he ran a vending machine
> $business. Back then the collectors were not required to provide a machine
> $receipt for each collection bag, when they tried to enforce this, he told
> $them a power spike had zeroed out the machine. He lost his $900,000 home
> $and other items when he was finally caught.

The power spike story only works once . . ..

--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

Old MacDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O
And on that farm he had a genome E-I-E-I-O
With a SNP SNP here and a SNP SNP there,
Here a SNP, there a SNP, everywhere a SNP SNP
Old MacDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O