Ask your favorite grocery chain to label GMO ingredients

Catherine, The Herb Lady

Jun 4, 2013, 11:43:10 AM6/4/13
to Edible Landscaping In the Desert-Good Looks, Good Scents, Good Eats
Dear Folks,

In the absence of meaningful solutions from our elected officials on
GMO labeling, I have a suggestion:

Ask your favorite grocery chains to require their suppliers label GMO
ingredients.

Let's start a 'grass-roots' campaign.

Whole Foods fired the first salvo with their commitment to require all
GMO / GE ingredients to be labeled by 2018.

This is doable. Back when folks became alarmed about rBHT in dairy
products Kroger / Frys was one of the first to require labeling, even
in the face of threats of lawsuits.

Below are links to some of the top grocery chain Facebook pages.

Politely request they join in requiring that their suppliers label all
GMO / GE ingredients. It is about informed customer choices. You can
post a note right on their facebook page.

Please share this with your friends and family. It is not a
commitment to buy, it is a commitment to complete labeling and
transparency of what is in our food system.

Thank you,

Catherine, The Herb Lady

https://www.facebook.com/Kroger?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/Albertsons?ref=ts&fref=ts