Classes coming up at locations on the east side and a "Chicken 101" in Phoenix

Catherine, The Herb Lady

Dec 9, 2011, 9:00:49 AM12/9/11
to Edible Landscaping In the Desert-Good Looks, Good Scents, Good Eats
Dear Folks,

There are several classes - some tomorrow the 10th, coming up that may
be of interest to your in the East Valley:

Rio Salado Permaculture has classes coming up for those interested in
sustainable practices and just simple backyard and camping uses.

http://rspermacultureguild.org/events/event/listUpcoming

If you ever wanted to learn more about mesquite flour and desert
native edibles, Jean Groen and Don Wells are giving a FREE lecture in
Gold Canyon at Smiling Dog Learning Center -December 14th.

Call Dori at Smiling Dog to register: 480 - 288-8749 or email her at
do...@smilingdoglandscapes.com

Finally, if you really have been thinking about raising chickens
Rachel Bess is giving her popular Chickens 101 class sponsored by the
Valley Permaculture Alliance in Phoenix, tomorrow the 10th.

http://www.phoenixpermaculture.org/events/raising-chickens-in-your-backyard-2

"When we accept that only others can be the source of our necessities,
then we risk having a roof made of paper, garment made of chemicals,
or a meal of straw. That is unsustainable." -- Catherine, The Herb
Lady

Keep on, keeping on, and meanwhile, continue to tend your garden :-)

Have a great weekend, folks,

Catherine