Reminder: School Board forum at ECHS still on -- Thurs Feb 9, 6-8pm

Liz Smith

Feb 8, 2012, 9:17:38 PM2/8/12
to ECHS...@googlegroups.com

NOTE: An Ed Connect announcement Monday evening said this meeting was postponed, but tonight's Ed Connect announcement confirmed that it was still happening this coming Thursday!

Please plan to attend the forum at ECHS with 2 School Board Members that will give the ECHS community (parents, students, staff, community members) an opportunity to give input to the School Board about how they can support efforts and programs that ECHS has introduced or is thinking about introducing to improve the education and learning environment of our school.

This is a continuation of a special Board meeting held last December at which ECHS and two other high schools were asked to make a presentation about steps being taken to improve school climate and educational processes.  The goal is to come up with suggestions that are not very costly to implement  that can improve education for all our students, from struggling to advanced.(i.e., along the lines of curriculum tweaks in English classes or financial support for programs like Writer Coach Connection or math coaching, not class size reduction which would be very costly).  Come here what our faculty and administration propose and discuss their and your ideas in a supportive environment.

We hope for a good turnout from the ECHS community.  This meeting will be held in the ECHS library. Note the 6 pm start time rather than normal 7-9 PTSA meeting time.  Following this forum we will have a very brief PTSA business meeting to announce upcoming events and get approval for some expenditures.

Hope to see you there.