Localization - Translation of certain labels

yan...@macuser.gr

Jan 28, 2011, 2:32:58 PM1/28/11
to Echo Platform Developer Forum
Hello,

We are working on the translation of some labels but it seems that
this list:

http://wiki.aboutecho.com/w/page/32214651/Echo%20Localization%20-%20English%20International

is not 100% compatible or it is incomplete.

For example the "type your comment here..." label is missing? Which is
it? What about the Curations labels such as Edit, Spam, Approve,
Delete etc. ?

And the last section "Echo Auth Controls" is not combatible.

We are using form-auth.js instead of auth.js, does it make a
difference. If yes, what are the correct labels for the Auth Controls?

Echo.Localization.extend({
"edit": "Edit",
"login": "Login",
"logout": "Logout",
"loggingOut": "Logging out...",
"or": "or",
"signup": "signup"
}, "Auth");

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Yannis

Andrew Kushnir

Jan 28, 2011, 7:27:54 PM1/28/11
to Echo Platform Developer Forum
Hello Yannis,

In order to get the entire list of language variables available for
the applications on the page, please insert the following code into
the page source after the Echo applications and plugins scripts
inclusions:

<textarea id="language-labels" style="width:500px; height:700px;"></
textarea>
<script type="text/javascript">
var translation = [];
jQuery.each(Echo.Localization.labels, function(key, value) {
translation.push('"' + key + '": "' + value + '"');
});
var container = document.getElementById("language-
labels");container.value = "Echo.Localization.extend({\n" +
translation.join(", \n") + "\n});";
</script>

As a result a text area with complete list of language variables will
be added to page.

Please note: the code provided should be located on test pages only!

After that you can copy the necessary content from the text area,
translate the variables and insert the following construction to the
page source in order to have a translated version of Echo applications
UI:

<script type="text/javascript">
Echo.Localization.extend({
"Submit.createdBy": "Created by",
"Submit.loading": "Loading...",
"Submit.markers": "Markers:"
// other variables...
});
</script>

Please note: the following constructions are equivalent:

Echo.Localization.extend({
"Submit.createdBy": "Created by",
"Submit.loading": "Loading...",
"Submit.markers": "Markers:"
// other variables...
});

Echo.Localization.extend({
"createdBy": "Created by",
"markers": "Markers:"
// other variables...
}, "Submit");

Also, regarding the "form-auth.js" and "auth.js" files: the first one
contains the plugin code and the second - Echo.Auth application code,
which is used by the plugin. You should include both of them into the
page source to have the ability to translate the Echo.Auth application
UI.

Feel free to ask any further questions. I'll be glad to help you.

Thank you.

On Jan 28, 11:32 am, "yan...@macuser.gr" <yan...@macuser.gr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are working on the translation of some labels but it seems that
> this list:
>
> http://wiki.aboutecho.com/w/page/32214651/Echo%20Localization%20-%20E...

yan...@macuser.gr

Jan 29, 2011, 4:12:17 AM1/29/11
to Echo Platform Developer Forum
Thanks Andew, that was really helpful.

The list is more complete now but I can't find the label "type your
comment here...", I guess it should be located under Submit but it is
not there.

Any ideas on that?

Thanks

Yannis

Valeriy Shkiryak

Jan 29, 2011, 5:45:54 AM1/29/11
to echo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Yannis,

Actually this is not language variable but the parameter of Echo
Submit Form application. Please look at the description of
"actionString" parameter here
http://wiki.aboutecho.com/Echo+Application+-+Echo+Submit+Form

Thank you.