Enclosure bug

Adam Curry

Sep 12, 2011, 6:50:51 PM9/12/11
to ec2-for-poets
When posting to blork with an enclosure, but WITHOUT a link, the post
shows up twice in the feed.

Examples can be seen in my feed: http://adam.curry.com/linkblog.xml

This does not happen if a link is included in the post.

I am able to replicate on multiple accounts on my server, but do not
know if this replicates on other installs.

AC

Adam Curry

Sep 16, 2011, 10:53:33 AM9/16/11
to ec2-for-poets
I'd like to know if any other bloek installs are displaying the
described behavior.

Anyone help a brother out?

AC

Dave Winer

Sep 16, 2011, 11:45:04 AM9/16/11
to ec2-fo...@googlegroups.com
If you're asking about Bloek, I don't know -- I use Blork. :-)

But I'm just a crockpot.

Anyway I have seen this problem, even before your report.

So you're not imagining things.

Guessing your next question will be when will it be fixed, and the answer is I'm working hard to break things in other areas, and won't be able to get around to breaking things over there for a bit longer.

Not kidding. I'm juggling so many balls right now, I have to be very careful when I go into an area not to totally destroy its harmony. In fact when all is said and done I'm pretty sure this problem will turn out to have been caused by me fixing some other bug.

Here's what we need if we want to really start gaining traction:

When new features are introduced or bugs fixed, people immediately look to see if anything in that area broke.

Right now, I introduce new stuff and hear absolutely nothing back. So I move on. If I broke something it now becomes a hundred times harder to fix because I'm not focused in that area anymore.

For a while we were doing that, but now there's no feedback at all. That's one of the reasons I'm narrowing my focus to EC2 for Poets and River2. If you want Blork to be maintained, we have to have an active community with eyes and ears and boots on the ground. :-)

Dave

Adam Curry

Sep 16, 2011, 11:56:15 AM9/16/11
to ec2-for-poets
Thank you for the confirmation and reply.

Boots on the ground preparing to drop. Stand by...

AC

Dave Winer

Sep 16, 2011, 12:05:46 PM9/16/11
to ec2-fo...@googlegroups.com
Excellent.

What needs testing *right now* is this.

1. Download and install a fresh copy of OPML Editor from home.opml.org.

2. Say yes to getting latest parts.

3. Marvel that the number is 0!

4. Choose Preferences from the Misc menu.

5. Verify that the Preferences page shows up in the browser.

6. Install River2 from the Tools Catalog page (again accessed through the Misc menu).

7. Go to the Log page and watch: http://127.0.0.1:5337/river2/log

8. Keep hitting refresh.

9. Yes the URL for static rivers is wrong.

That's it. This wasn't working last night because of a mistake I made. Now I think it's fixed. Before I go on I want to be sure at least this much works.

And this should be done periodically to be sure River2 is still installable.

Boots on the you know what! :-)

Dave

Adam Curry

Sep 16, 2011, 12:31:03 PM9/16/11
to ec2-for-poets
Completed all the steps.
Everything works as advertised, including the incorrect static river
url (it is incorrect).

Observations:

Although opml.root did not require any new parts (as expected) and
river2 worked properly... after 10 minutes I decided to check
river2.root and performed an update of the tool.

It loaded 150 parts(!)

So the default install was not a completely updated tool, although it
did work as expected.

AC

Matthew Terenzio

Sep 16, 2011, 12:35:24 PM9/16/11
to ec2-fo...@googlegroups.com
It all worked perfectly for me. Can I stop hitting refresh?