Great Opportunity for Application Engineer – Utility SCADA systems
Apply Online: http://bit.ly/i4N6yQ or email me at
This opportunity is offered by a prestigious 100 year old company
based in Chicago, IL with offices worldwide. We are seeking a skilled
Application Engineer to manage a wide range of distribution automation
project implementations. Review and application of automation systems
on wide variety of utility systems. Function as project lead on
automation projects. Assist in conducting customer training sessions
and in training personnel. Recognize and adhere to standard industry
safety practices and S safety procedures. The successful candidate
will also provide primary technical support to customers for and
associated products, communicate effectively with customers while
performing tasks such as troubleshooting, application review and
development and implementation coordination and support. Position
responsibilities will also include extensive telephone support for
personnel and customers, as well as on-site hands-on visits.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college,
university, technical school, applicable military training, or
• Ability to analyze electrical distribution systems and apply
automation technology to meet customer requirements
• Understanding of communication systems and protocols used in
electric utility DA and SCADA systems.
• Familiarity with utility protection systems and protection analysis
as it pertains to distribution feeders.
• Detailed understanding of utility systems and planning practices.
• Proficiency in using computerized test equipment, meters and system
• Possess working knowledge of safety practices and electrical codes
• Utility SCADA and/or distribution automation system implementation
and system management
SmartGridCareers.com is a career and information portal for the global
smart grid industry. The Site features a news and events section, a
job board, an online directory, a resume bank, and other valuable and
informative resources. The Site’s regular visitors include electrical
engineers, energy services professionals, technology and
telecommunications experts focused on smart grid initiatives as well
as recruitment firms and our regular customers interested in hiring.
For more information, visit www.smartgridcareers.com.