Haskell on the Beach!

Sean Leather

Jul 12, 2010, 8:17:56 AM7/12/10
to Dutch Haskell Users Group List
Want to spend a Saturday afternoon in August at the beach?

I'm thinking of a casual meeting at Boomerang Beach [1] in Scheveningen on Saturday, August 14, at 14:00. I went there this past Saturday at the recommendation of two others, and it looks reasonable. They're right on the northern end of the beach off Zwartepad. Easy access from Den Haag Centraal via Tram 9.

Comments? Suggestions?

Sean

[1] http://boomerangbeach.nl/

Tom Lokhorst

Jul 16, 2010, 7:12:38 AM7/16/10
to dutc...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I'd like to again thank Wouter and Alexey for the fun meeting in
Eindhoven yesterday.
Now we know why we should be programming Caml instead of Haskell ;-)

As to the Beach meeting, I think it's a great idea! I heard some other
people saying they liked it too, so I'm sure at least some people will
be there.
Unfortunately, I don't think I can make it, as I have to finish
writing my thesis that week, and knowing myself, I'll be very busy
those last few days...

Anyway, those who are going, have fun!

- Tom

Nikos Bezirgiannis

Jul 16, 2010, 11:34:11 AM7/16/10
to Dutch Haskell User Group
Hi,

count me in! I will be attending Utrecht Summer School on Applied
Functional Programming and i will be in Holland
one week before the programme starts, visiting some friends.

It would be a great opportunity to meet you guys!

Nikos

On Jul 16, 2:12 pm, Tom Lokhorst <t...@lokhorst.eu> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'd like to again thank Wouter and Alexey for the fun meeting in
> Eindhoven yesterday.
> Now we know why we should be programming Caml instead of Haskell ;-)
>
> As to the Beach meeting, I think it's a great idea! I heard some other
> people saying they liked it too, so I'm sure at least some people will
> be there.
> Unfortunately, I don't think I can make it, as I have to finish
> writing my thesis that week, and knowing myself, I'll be very busy
> those last few days...
>
> Anyway, those who are going, have fun!
>
> - Tom

Sean Leather

Jul 21, 2010, 8:58:39 AM7/21/10
to dutc...@googlegroups.com

Tom Lokhorst wrote:
I'd like to again thank Wouter and Alexey for the fun meeting in
Eindhoven yesterday.
Now we know why we should be programming Caml instead of Haskell ;-)

It was definitely a good meeting. Vector Fabrics looks like a great place to work.

As to the Beach meeting, I think it's a great idea! I heard some other
people saying they liked it too, so I'm sure at least some people will
be there.

I'm glad some people are interested.

The agenda for the beach meeting is open-ended. If you want to suggest anything, please feel free. We can hang out and drink, play in the water, toss the frisbee, etc, etc.

Sean