Next meeting and changes in how we schedule meetings

Sean Leather

Sep 30, 2011, 2:02:52 PM9/30/11
to Dutch Haskell Users Group List
Dear Haskell Users of the Netherlands,

We had a good meeting Thursday night. Not too many people, but the drinks were decent and the conversation was interesting.

Two people volunteered to help plan future Dutch HUG meetings. I'd like to thank Nikolaos Bezirgiannis and Sjoerd Visscher for being so kind to offer their time. We discussed a way forward that would not require much from each of us but would help make Dutch HUG meetings more predictable, I hope.

The idea is that we rotate among the three of us the planning for each month. So, I will arrange the meeting in October, Nikos will take care of November, Sjoerd will do December, and it returns to me in January, and so on. Each of us can choose to plan how he wishes. Also, we can plan and announce meetings with more advance notice. If you have suggestions for a meeting, please contact any one of us.

For the next meeting, I propose Tuesday, 18 October. I know that Jurriën would like to talk about the web framework Snap. He's giving that talk this coming week in Ghent. If there is anybody else who would like to talk about something, please let me know.

Regards,
Sean