Next Dutch HUG Meeting: 15 June

1 view

Sean Leather

May 27, 2011, 5:39:03 PM5/27/11
to Dutch Haskell Users Group List, Erik Hesselink, Stefan Holdermans
The poll is closed. We shall meet at 19:00 on 15 June at Utrecht University. I'll reserve the room and let you know.

Two people have volunteered to speak:

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:00, Stefan Holdermans wrote:
What would you guys like for me to talk about? :)

* I could talk about recent work on pattern-match analysis that I've been doing with Jurriaan.
* I could talk on a generic-programming approach to explicit sharing. (Joint work with Andres; I've talked about this before, at this year's Dutch FP Day).
* But, of course, I am also open to other suggestions.

Both sound like interesting topics. I know of the first but not the second (since I was not at FP Day). But I'm sure other people have other opinions.

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:31, Erik Hesselink wrote:
I also have a topic that I could talk about: monads for database
access, and using type level indices on them to get extra
functionality.

That sounds great.

Regards,
Sean

Martijn van Steenbergen

May 28, 2011, 5:54:35 AM5/28/11
to dutc...@googlegroups.com, Sean Leather, Erik Hesselink, Stefan Holdermans
On 5/27/11 23:39, Sean Leather wrote:
> The poll is closed. We shall meet at 19:00 on 15 June at Utrecht
> University. I'll reserve the room and let you know.
>
> Two people have volunteered to speak:
>
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:00, Stefan Holdermans wrote:
>
> What would you guys like for me to talk about? :)
>
> * I could talk about recent work on pattern-match analysis that I've
> been doing with Jurriaan.
> * I could talk on a generic-programming approach to explicit
> sharing. (Joint work with Andres; I've talked about this before, at
> this year's Dutch FP Day).

I vote for the second suggestion. :-)

Martijn.

Martijn van Steenbergen

May 28, 2011, 5:55:22 AM5/28/11
to dutc...@googlegroups.com, Sean Leather, Erik Hesselink, Stefan Holdermans

Ehm, I mean the first. Sorry about that. I was at the Dutch FP day but I
haven't heard the talk about the pattern-match analysis yet.

Martijn.

noknok

Jun 12, 2011, 9:42:57 PM6/12/11
to Dutch Haskell User Group
Sorry, I was offline for some weeks and missed the poll and
everything. I am very busy this week and it is too difficult for me to
make it to Utrecht on Wednesday.

I hope, that you'll miss me, and it bothers me to know, that you'll
have a good time, instead. But revenge is sweet: I am still writing
Haskell and you must here about it, soon!

Whish you well,
Thomas