Tuesday, November 6th (a week from tomorrow) will be our second annual
meeting, and is also (appropriately) the date of our board member
The developments and activities at Splat over the past year have been
incredible: MakerFaire, Bullitron, 501c3 status, RobotCamp, our own
printer (thanks Jeff!) are just a few of them. I really look forward
to celebrating the end of year two, and the beginning of year three,
with you all.
To celebrate our achievements, I will be bringing my mythical Nutella
pop tarts to share, and I encourage others to bring baked goods,
snacks, and drinks. Let's have a party!
Agenda-wise, last year's annual meeting was fairly low key, and I
expect this year's to be similar - officers will report, and then
we'll pass around a hat to submit votes for positions with multiple
If you are a full member of Splat Space, you are eligible to run for a
board position, and I *highly* encourage you to do so if you are
interested. Here are some reasons to consider running for a board
* It's awesome
* It's not hard. Really! Depending on the position, you can expect
to spend a few hours a week (and often less) on Splat business, or
more at your discretion.
* The existing officers are really nice and will help you learn how to
do stuff, and will still be around to help.
* We're a real 501c3 and recognized Durham/Triangle tech/make
presence, and a leadership position could be a sweet little resume
* Most importantly: we need you! We've been around long enough to
establish routines and habits, and new and inspired leadership could
take us to higher dimensions of awesomeness.
You can run for any of the following positions. The official
description of each position can be found on the wiki , but I
* President (me) - run meetings and keep forgetting to fix the wiki
* Vice President (Justis) - do sweet projects, tell people about us,
occupy Durham and Raleigh simultaneously
* Treasurer (Darren) - oversee Cayman accounts, automate all the
things, make Bullitrons
* Secretary (Lenore) - take monthly meeting notes, blow minds with
amateur radio knowledge
* Public Relations (Phil) - Hypermedia Social Web 2.0 Semantic
Facebook Synergy Microblogging and Tweet geyser
* Members at Large (Peter, Shaw) - help as needed and maintain high
degree of radicalness
Thanks all, see you tomorrow at the last regular meeting of year 2!