[dcm-for-tbird] Handing Over

Marian Steinbach

May 11, 2010, 4:46:54 PM5/11/10
to duplicate-contact-ma...@googlegroups.com
Dear users of Duplicate Contact Manager for Thunderbird,

I'd like to inform you that I am officially handing over this project.
It's been proven that I'm no longer able to maintain the development,
especially making it work for Thunderbird 3.

I have just uploaded the code to Github, where it's public and
everybody can fork it to make improvements.

http://github.com/marians/Duplicate-Contact-Manager

Apart from that, everybody willing to take over responsibilities for
the following resources is welcome:

- The google code site including issues list and some documentation
http://code.google.com/p/duplicate-contact-manager-for-thundebird/

- The official Add-on page
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/2505/

- The mailing list / Google group
http://groups.google.com/group/duplicate-contact-manager-for-thunderbird

Please reply if you want to get administrative rights for one or more
of these sites.

I know that there have been people willing to drive this tool forther
and make contributions. By not responding your requests I might have
slowed down your motivation or killed it completely. I apologize for
that. So if you're still interested, now is the time to take over.

Thank you!

Marian

Amanda

May 13, 2010, 5:38:38 PM5/13/10
to Duplicate Contact Manager for Thunderbird
Well, dang.

I really appreciate the addon, I'm sorry you're giving up on it. I'm
sure not capable of building it.

-amanda

famgoom

May 14, 2010, 7:42:13 AM5/14/10
to Duplicate Contact Manager for Thunderbird
Hello Marian,
I would suggest to post a BIG hint and a link to this thread (http://
groups.google.com/group/duplicate-contact-manager-for-thunderbird/t/
6609d6a57995e73e) also on your add-on page at AMO. There it will
probably be seen by most people.

I hope you find an successor.

Wish you all the best
famgoom

On 11 Mai, 22:46, Marian Steinbach <marian.steinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear users of Duplicate Contact Manager for Thunderbird,
>
> I'd like to inform you that I am officially handing over this project.
> It's been proven that I'm no longer able to maintain the development,
> especially making it work for Thunderbird 3.
>
> I have just uploaded the code to Github, where it's public and
> everybody can fork it to make improvements.
>
>    http://github.com/marians/Duplicate-Contact-Manager
>
> Apart from that, everybody willing to take over responsibilities for
> the following resources is welcome:
>
> - The google code site including issues list and some documentationhttp://code.google.com/p/duplicate-contact-manager-for-thundebird/
>
> - The official Add-on pagehttps://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/2505/

famgoom

May 17, 2010, 8:32:48 AM5/17/10
to Duplicate Contact Manager for Thunderbird
PS:
You may want to contact Valeryan_24:
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/user/3436286/

which created the Duplicate Contact Manger 2 Add-on at AMO.

Marian Steinbach

May 18, 2010, 12:15:23 PM5/18/10
to duplicate-contact-ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Thanks for the hint. I updated the descriptions on the Add-on page.

Actually I have contacted Valeyran via email and told him that I'd like to hand over. We were in contact before. His extension code is supposed to work on TB3, but not TB2. And he is willing to share it and merge the two add-ons.

Marian