Re: Last 6 field trips for 2007-2008 school year

1 view

Alison Reber

Mar 24, 2008, 12:53:35 PM3/24/08
to dragonf...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Sanders, Travis Daneke, Steve Moring, Steve Case, Stephen Figgins, Sharon Ashworth, Scott Campbell, Sarah Hill-Nelson, Sandy Merrifield, Rex Powell, Nancy Marshall, Mike Caaron, Lisa Grossman, Lana Pratt, Kevin Kennedy, Ken Lassman, Ken & Katie Armitage, Kelly Kindscher, Kayla Dill, Jodi Gentry, Jill Mickel Zinn, Jessica Johnson, Jennifer Delisle, Jeanne Klein, Jason Daniels, Jane Imber, Iversen, Susan C, Elizabeth Freundorfer, Denise Low-Weso, Dean Kettle, Coyla Lockhart, Chuck Herman, Christine Boller, Charles Jones, Cecilia Flores, Carey Maynard-Moody, Caleb Morse, Brian Daldorph, Bob Burkhart, Bill Busby, Becky Huff, Anna McCoy, Anna Busby, Angie Babbit, Andrea Rapinsky, Amy Carlson, Alison Roepe, Adam VanHorn, Aaron Reinke, John Standing, Diana Matthews, Jason Beury, Rebecca Foster, Sarah Schmits, Stephanie Barrows, Stan Roth
Good morning!

I wanted to let folks know about the "Requests for Assistance" page on the KVHA website.   There's information about the scheduled events and a google calendar specifically created for keeping track of who's going to be where and when.

Also, the discussion board is up and running.  http://www.dragonflycounty.org

-Alison

From: Sandy Sanders
    To: Travis Daneke ; Steve Moring ; Steve Case ; Stephen Figgins ; Stan Roth ; Sharon Ashworth ; Scott Campbell ; Sarah Hill-Nelson ; Sandy Merrifield ; Rex Powell ; Nancy Marshall ; Mike Caaron ; Lisa Grossman ; Lana Pratt ; Kevin Kennedy ; Ken Lassman ; Ken & Katie Armitage ; Kelly Kindscher ; Kayla Dill ; Jodi Gentry ; Jill Mickel Zinn ; Jessica Johnson ; Jennifer Delisle ; Jeanne Klein ; Jason Daniels ; Jane Imber ; Iversen, Susan C ; Elizabeth Freundorfer ; Denise Low-Weso ; Dean Kettle ; Coyla Lockhart ; Chuck Herman ; Christine Boller ; Charles Jones ; Cecilia Flores ; Carey Maynard-Moody ; Caleb Morse ; Brian Daldorph ; Bob Burkhart ; Bill Busby ; Becky Huff ; Anna McCoy ; Anna Busby ; Angie Babbit ; Andrea Rapinsky ; Amy Carlson ; Alison Roepe ; Alison Reber ; Adam VanHorn ; Aaron Reinke ; John Standing ; Diana Matthews ; Jason Beury ; Rebecca Foster ; Sarah Schmits ; Stephanie Barrows
Subject: Last 6 field trips for 2007-2008 school year

The last 6 trips have been scheduled for schools this year.  They are listed below.  If you can facilitate for one or more, please email me.  This request for facilitators has been dispersed before via KVHA, but I'm not certain how many people received it.  I apologize if you're getting a second round of info you already have.

Thanks very much for your help in the past and/or future.  An amazing number of kids and adults in our community have become involved, some getting to know the wetlands far better and others getting to know it for the first time.

KVHA is officially taking over sponsorship of the trips, and Alison Reber has been exploring funding sources to continue the project.  No source has been found yet.  Jayhawk Audubon Society has offered to continue funding bus transportation, a major commitment on their part.  However, without KVHA's staff helping facilitate activities, train interns to be facilitators, locate facilitators in the community and carry out other behind-the-scenes responsibilities, this project would never have gotten off the ground and cannot survive without that support.  If you have any suggestions, please contact Alison at your earliest convenience.  The schools are very appreciative of this effort and would continue to take advantage of it, if available.

If anyone needs a review of info related to these trips or would like me to send info to new people interested in facilitating, please let me know.

April 11, 2008 - Cordley     12:45-3:15

April 23, 2008 – Sunflower    9:30-12:00    -    Stan Roth,  Rex Powell

April 30, 2008 – Kennedy    9:00-11:30

May 2, 2008 – Woodlawn    8:30-11:00    -    Stan Roth,  Rex Powell

May 9, 2008 – Wakarusa    9:30-12:00    -    Stan Roth,  Rex Powell

May 16, 2008 – Schwegler    12:30-3:00

Thanks very much.

Sandy Sanders

WWL Fieldtrip Coordinator

841-4807

--
Kaw Valley Heritage Alliance
412 East 9th Street

phone 785-840-0700
http://www.kvha.org

Stephanie Barrows

Mar 25, 2008, 2:51:29 PM3/25/08
to Alison Reber, dragonf...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Sanders, Travis Daneke, Steve Moring, Steve Case, Stephen Figgins, Sharon Ashworth, Scott Campbell, Sarah Hill-Nelson, Sandy Merrifield, Rex Powell, Nancy Marshall, Mike Caaron, Lisa Grossman, Lana Pratt, Kevin Kennedy, Ken Lassman, Ken & Katie Armitage, Kelly Kindscher, Kayla Dill, Jodi Gentry, Jill Mickel Zinn, Jessica Johnson, Jennifer Delisle, Jeanne Klein, Jason Daniels, Jane Imber, Iversen, Susan C, Elizabeth Freundorfer, Denise Low-Weso, Dean Kettle, Coyla Lockhart, Chuck Herman, Christine Boller, Charles Jones, Cecilia Flores, Carey Maynard-Moody, Caleb Morse, Brian Daldorph, Bob Burkhart, Bill Busby, Becky Huff, Anna McCoy, Anna Busby, Angie Babbit, Andrea Rapinsky, Amy Carlson, Alison Roepe, Adam VanHorn, Aaron Reinke, John Standing, Diana Matthews, Jason Beury, Rebecca Foster, Sarah Schmits, Stan Roth
Hi, all. I will be available for the field trips in April, and possibly May.  I don't know of any schedule conflicts for May, but I want to be sure before I commit to anything.  I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Take care, and have a wonderful week!

Oh, and read more poetry!

cheers,

Stephanie Barrows

Stephanie

Apr 10, 2008, 4:50:32 PM4/10/08
to Kaw Valley Heritage Alliance
Hi, all. It looks like I will be available for the May WWL field day
events, as well.

Just let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks,

Stephanie