Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated June 16, 2006

Sunil

Jun 16, 2006, 1:32:53 PM6/16/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com, EquityRese...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[June 16, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

Sintex Industries
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs192
Current market price: Rs151

Back in the reckoning
The outlook for Sintex Industries' business, as shared by it in its annual report, is in consonance with our expectations. Since there has been no material change in our assumptions after the review of the annual report, we maintain our earnings estimates for FY2007 and FY2008 at Rs9.3 per share and Rs12.5 per share respectively. In our Stock Update report on the company dated May 03, 2006, we had recommended a Hold on the stock (after it had achieved our price target of Rs192.5) because we believed it was reasonably valued then. But thereafter, the stock has corrected by 30% to its current level of Rs151.0 and is now trading at attractive valuations of price/earnings ratio of 12.3x FY2008E and enterprise value/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation of 7.5x FY2008E. These valuations should be seen in conjunction with the facts that the company's earnings are expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 23% in future and that the inorganic growth trigger is long overdue. We maintain a Buy on Sintex with our old price target of Rs192, at which the stock would discount its FY2008E earnings by 15.5x.

Nicholas Piramal India
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs380
Current market price: Rs175

On a growth trajectory
The current market price of Rs175 discounts Nicholas Piramal India's FY2008E earnings by 11.1x. Taking into consideration the strong revenue flows that will accrue on the back of this acquisition, the valuation looks attractive. We maintain our Buy recommendation on the stock with the price target of Rs380.

Solectron Centum Electronics
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Hold
Price target: Rs215
Current market price: Rs158

Hold on to it

Result highlights

  • Solectron Centum Electronics reported a robust jump in its revenues to Rs33.7 crore during the fourth quarter, amounting to a growth of 63.3% quarter on quarter (qoq) and that of 171.8% year on year (yoy). The revenue growth was driven largely by the spectacular performance of its electronic manufacturing service (EMS) business; the performance of its component business continues to remain muted.
  • The operating profit margin (OPM) plummeted to 12.5% as compared to 27.4% in Q4FY2005 and 16.5% in Q3FY2006. The key reasons for the steep decline in the margins are the rising contribution of the low-margin EMS business to the total turnover and the competition-led pricing pressure in the component business. But despite the margin pressure, the company was able to report a healthy growth of 42.7% yoy in its operating profit during the fourth quarter.
  • However, its earnings declined by 37.2% yoy to Rs2.3 crore on the back of higher depreciation charges and an increase in the tax rate (as there are no benefits of accumulated losses and depreciation available now).
  • For the full year, the revenues grew exponentially by 97.5% to Rs83.3 crore. The operating profits grew at a relatively lower (but healthy) rate of 45.2% due to a 640-basis-point decline in its margins. However, the earnings declined by 22.8% on the back of higher depreciation charges, the increase in the tax rate and a decline in the other income.
  • Going forward, the company is estimated to show a robust growth of 64% in its revenues and of 33% in its earnings during the current fiscal. The EMS business is expected to maintain its growth momentum while the revival of the component business would be driven by the execution of a pending government order worth Rs35 crore.
  • At the current price the stock trades at 17.7x FY2007 and 15.6x FY2008 estimated earnings. We recommend a Hold on the stock with a price target of Rs215.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-June16.pdf