Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated March 15, 2007

Sunil

Mar 15, 2007, 12:15:44 PM3/15/07
to dps...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[March 15, 2007] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

PULSE TRACK

  • Infrastructure Index up 8.7% for January 2007

STOCK UPDATE

Elder Pharmaceuticals
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs508
Current market price: Rs372

Elder strikes it again!
Elder Pharmaceuticals (Elder) has entered into an in-licencing alliance with M/s. Laboratorios Farmaceuticos Rovi, S.A. (Rovi) of Spain to market advanced heparins (anti-thrombotics) in India for treatment and prevention of thrombo-embolic venous diseases like deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.

VIEWPOINT

Sical Logistics

Sical to demerge non-core businesses

We attended Sical Logistics' conference call to discuss the de-merger of its non-core businesses. We present below the key takeaways from the call.

  • Sical Logistics will be de-merging its non-core businesses, namely the trading (building material), coffee plantation and vehicle service businesses, into a new company called Sicagen.
  • Sical Logistics is already in the process of selling its other non-core businesses for a consideration of Rs100 crore (of which Rs45 crore has already been realised). After the proposed de-merger and sale, Sical Logistics will become a core logistic company.
  • The de-merger will be a mirror split of the existing company whereby the equity shareholders will receive shares in Sicagen in the ratio of 1:1.
  • The assets of the new company will range between Rs300 and Rs350 crore. This will include loans and advances sanctioned by Sical Logistics to its subsidiaries.
  • The management expects a top line of Rs270 crore and a profit after tax of Rs3-4 crore for Sicagen in FY2008.
  • Sicagen will be listed on the stock exchanges after the proposed de-merger.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

--
http://DEADPRESIDENT.BLOGSPOT.COM
Investor's Eye-Mar15.pdf