Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated June 27, 2006

Sunil

Jun 28, 2006, 3:18:17 AM6/28/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[June 27, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

NIIT Technologies
Cluster: Ugly Duckling
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs296
Current market price: Rs170

Revenues flow in steadily

Result highlights

  • NIIT Technologies Ltd (NTL) reported a 5.6% quarter-on-quarter (q-o-q) and a 21.2% year-on-year (y-o-y) growth in its consolidated net revenues to Rs166.2 crore during the fourth quarter ended March 2006.
  • The operating profit margin (OPM) improved by 60 basis points sequentially and by 200 basis points year on year (yoy) to 20% in Q4. The improvement in the OPM was largely driven by the break-even achieved in the business process management (BPM) business during Q4.
  • The consolidated earnings grew 6.5% quarter on quarter (qoq) and by 13.6% yoy to Rs19.2 crore. The earnings were below our estimates of Rs20.3 crore due to higher than expected depreciation charges and a jump in the tax rate.
  • On the full year basis, the consolidated revenue and earnings grew by 11.8% to Rs607.5 crore and by 13.2% to Rs66.3 crore respectively. The OPM has improved by 118 basis points to 19% in FY2006. Going forward, the company's growth is likely to accelerate on the back of the incremental revenues from the recently acquired majority stake in Room Solutions ($25 million revenues) and the benefits of the client rationalisation exercise done over the past couple of years.
  • The company has announced a dividend of 60% (or Rs6 per share), which amounts to a healthy dividend yield of 3.6%.
  • At the current market price the stock trades at 7.8x FY2007 and 6.2x FY2008 estimated earnings. We maintain our Buy call with a price target of Rs296.

Orient Paper and Industries
Cluster: Vulture's Pick
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs675
Current market price: Rs350

Growth to come from cement

In a nutshell, the key drivers of Orient Paper and Industries' growth are intact and hence the outlook for the company's future remains positive. All the three businesses are peaking simultaneously with the cement business driving the growth. We expect OPIL's earnings growth to gain momentum with the earnings growing at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of almost 60% over FY2006-08E on the back of its proactive capacity expansion plans and timely cost control initiatives. At the current market price of Rs350, the stock is discounting the FY2007E earnings by 7x and the FY2008E earnings by 5x. Such a discount, we believe, is unwarranted considering that the various earnings growth triggers are on the verge of unfolding. Also, thanks to the cash and cash equivalents of Rs100 per share on its books (28.5% of the current market price), the stock offers a decent margin for safety. We thus expect OPIL's valuation to improve and maintain our Buy recommendation on the stock with the price target of Rs675.

Reliance Industries
Cluster: Evergreen
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Under review
Current market price: Rs982

Moving to higher growth path

We believe that Reliance Industries is stepping into another growth phase from hereon. The first growth phase that spanned FY2002-06 saw RIL's revenues grow at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.4% and its profitability grow at a CAGR of 32.4%. With major capex plans lined up in the most lucrative sectors of the recent times, viz organised retail, E&P, refining and petrochemicals, we believe that RIL is all set to enter the second phase of robust growth.

At the current market price of Rs982, the stock is trading at 14.1x its FY2008E earnings per share. The valuation is attractive looking at the strong growth prospects of the company. We are in the process of revising our numbers and price target for the company and maintain our Buy recommendation on the stock.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-June27.pdf