Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated July 21, 2006

0 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Sunil

ungelesen,
22.07.2006, 08:04:4522.07.06
an dps...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[July 21, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

Ranbaxy Laboratories
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs558
Current market price: Rs354

Strong recovery in operating performance

Result highlights

  • The consolidated sales of Ranbaxy Laboratories (Ranbaxy) grew by 8.8% year on year (yoy) to Rs1,433.9 crore in Q2CY2006. The sales growth was led by strong performances in North America (+11%) and Asia Pacific & Middle East (+35%). On the other hand, the company posted a decline in its sales in Brazil, China and the European markets, mainly because of regulatory reforms (in Brazil and Europe) and pricing pressures (in the UK).
  • The company's operating profit margin (OPM) improved by 570 basis points yoy to 18.2% in the quarter, largely due to a 27% reduction in the research and development (R&D) expenses and a 7% drop in the selling, general & administrative (SG&A) expenses. Consequently, the operating profit (OP) grew by 56% yoy to Rs264.8 crore.
  • The profit after tax (PAT) stood at Rs121 crore, growing by 20% yoy and by 70% quarter on quarter. The PAT growth was subdued on account of a lower other operating income and a foreign exchange (forex) loss of Rs50.6 crore in the quarter.
  • Starting from June 23, 2006, Ranbaxy secured 180-day exclusivity rights to market generic Simvastatin 80mg in the US market. In its first week of launch, the product has garnered a market share of almost 50% in the USA.
  • The US Food and Drug Authority (USFDA) has issued a warning letter to Ranbaxy's plant at Paonta Sahib for deviations from good manufacturing practices. This might delay Ranbaxy's launch of Pravastatin in the USA. However, the company is proactively working to resolve the issue.
  • The company maintains its growth guidance of 18% and of earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation (EBIDTA) margin target of 16% for CY2006. It has achieved a growth of 10.6% in H1CY2006 and thus expects to grow at a higher rate in H2CY2006, in order to grow at its targeted rate during the year.
  • In line with the management guidance, we are revising our earnings estimates marginally downwards for CY2006E and CY2007E. CY2006E earnings have been revised downwards by 1.1% to Rs17.4 per share and CY2007E have been revised downwards by 7.6% to Rs22.3 per share. Assigning a price/earnings multiple of 25x, the revised price target stands at Rs558. At the current market price of Rs354, Ranbaxy is trading at 15.9x its CY2007E earnings. Considering the strong growth prospects for the future, the robust R&D pipeline and the good performance in this quarter, we maintain our Buy call on the company with a revised price target of Rs558.

ITC
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs220
Current market price: Rs168

Cheers for all businesses

Result highlights

  • ITC's adjusted net profit grew by 22.7% year on year (yoy) to Rs652.0 crore, in line with our expectations.
  • The net revenues for the quarter grew by 25.7% yoy as most of its businesses grew strongly. However, the growth in the revenues from cigarettes as well as the paperboard business was slightly below our expectations.
  • The profit before interest and tax (PBIT) grew by 21.6% yoy with margin expansion in all the businesses. Overall the PBIT margins (adjusted for one-off items) expanded by 8.4 basis points yoy.
  • The non-cigarette fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) business is the only business in ITC's portfolio which is making losses. However, with the strong growth in the revenues, the magnitude of the losses ie, the loss margins have come down considerably.
  • We have always liked the way ITC has channelised the strong cash flows generated from the cigarette business into the other businesses without affecting its return on capital employed. At the current market price of Rs168, the stock is attractively quoting at 19.0x its FY2008E earnings per share (EPS) and 12.0x FY2008E enterprise value (EV)/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation (EBIDTA). We maintain our Buy recommendation on ITC with a price target of Rs220.

3i Infotech
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs244
Current market price: Rs137

In line with expectations

Result highlights

  • 3i Infotech reported a growth of 7.1% quarter on quarter (qoq) and of 45.2% year on year (yoy) to Rs128.5 crore for Q1FY2007. Excluding the impact of its recent acquisition Datacons, the growth in the organic business stood at 5.4% qoq, which is below our expectation.
  • The operating profit margin (OPM) improved by 150 basis points to 22.8% on a sequential basis. Despite the annual salary hikes in Q1, the OPM improved on the back of the increase in the proportion of the contribution from the high-margin product business (up 50 basis points to 48.9% of the net revenues), higher gross margins in the service business (a 270-basis-point improvement to 39.3%) and favourable foreign exchange (forex) movement.
  • The other income component stood at Rs4.8 crore as compared with Rs1.6 crore in Q4FY2006 and Rs1.5 crore in Q1FY2006. The other income was boosted by forex gains of Rs1.1 crore and the incremental interest income of Rs2 crore on the foreign currency convertible bond (FCCB) proceeds of $50 million.
  • The higher other income negated the adverse impact of the higher interest outgo and depreciation charges during the quarter. Consequently, the consolidated earnings grew by 21.7% qoq and by 107% yoy to Rs21.3 crore, ahead of our expectation of Rs20 crore.
  • The order backlog has grown by 10.1% qoq to Rs293.2 crore, with the product order book growing by 10.7% qoq to Rs146.5 crore and the software service backlog was up by 9.4% qoq to Rs146.7 crore. This is the second consecutive quarter of a double-digit sequential growth in the order backlog.
  • Along with the quarterly results, the company announced the acquisition of a 51% stake in a Mumbai-based business process outsourcing (BPO) company, Delta Services (India) Ltd. The acquired company has annual revenues of around $3 million and is profitable at the net level.
  • The management has maintained the annual revenue growth guidance at 25-30% and the diluted earnings guidance at Rs13-13.5 per share (net of dividend on preference share capital) in FY2007. However, the guidance does not include the incremental revenues and earnings from the acquisition of Delta Services.
  • At the current market price the stock trades at 10.2x FY2007 and 7.4x FY2008 estimated earnings. We maintain our Buy call with a price target of Rs244.

Ratnamani Metals and Tubes
Cluster: Ugly Duckling
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs520
Current market price: Rs285

Performance shows the mettle

Result highlights

  • Ratnamani Metals and Tubes Ltd (RMTL) reported a strong 103% year-on-year
    (y-o-y) growth in its net profit for Q1FY2007 to Rs8.3 crore on the back of robust sales and operating profit margins (OPMs).
  • The net sales grew by 60% year on year (yoy) to Rs88.1 crore on the back of a five-fold increase in the booking of its exports sales. The domestic sales grew by 28.5% yoy.
  • The operating profit grew by 107.6% yoy as the OPM expanded by 495 basis points.
  • As a result, the net profit grew by 103.4% yoy to Rs8.3 crore.
  • We believe that there is a strong visibility of earnings for RMTL with key user industries for its products going in for capital expansion over the next two years.
  • At the current market price of Rs285, the stock is trading at 5.1x its FY2008E earnings per share (EPS) and 3.3x its FY2008E enterprise value (EV)/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation (EBIDTA). We reiterate our Buy recommendation on the stock with a price target of Rs520.

Union Bank of India
Cluster: Ugly Duckling
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs150
Current market price: Rs86

Strong operating performance

Result highlights

  • Union Bank of India's (UBI) net interest income (NII) grew by a strong 18.7% year on year (yoy) to Rs634.5 crore on the back of a 34.1% growth in its advances and a fairly stable net interest margin (NIM).
  • A 23.8% year-on-year (y-o-y) growth in the fee income to Rs137 crore was also a positive surprise.
  • The operating profit grew by 21% yoy to Rs426.5 crore with a strong growth in the income and stable expenses.
  • However, high provisions on account of investment depreciation and amortisation led to a decline of 30% yoy in the net profit to Rs167 crore.
  • We have lowered our FY2007 earnings per share (EPS) estimate by 17% to take into account the increased amortisation and depreciation expenses due to the rising interest rates.
  • At the current market price of Rs86, UBI is quoting at 3.9x its FY2008E EPS and 0.7x its FY2008E book value. We reiterate our Buy recommendation on the stock with a price target of Rs150.

Satyam Computer Services
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs900
Current market price: Rs687

Beats market expectations

Result highlights

  • Satyam reported a 9.8% quarter-on-quarter (q-o-q) and a 36.3% year-on-year
    (y-o-y) growth in its consolidated revenues to Rs1,443 crore. The sequential growth was contributed by a 10.1% q-o-q growth in the stand-alone revenues and a sequential growth of 4.6% in the revenues from its various subsidiaries. The sequential growth in the volume at 7.2% on a consolidated basis was higher than the sequential growth shown in the previous two quarters. The performance was ahead of the revenue guidance of 3.7% q-o-q growth to Rs1,363 crore given at the beginning of the quarter.
  • The operating profit margin (OPM) declined by 90 basis points to 24.6% on a sequential basis but was better than 22.7% reported in Q1FY2006 (not comparable as the annual salary hikes were given in Q1 itself in FY2006). The sequential decline in the OPM was contributed by a drop in the offshore employee utilisation rate by 95 basis points (this was expected due to a record intake of employees in Q4), an increase of 30 basis points in the selling, general and administration (SG&A) expense as a percentage of sales and the additional visa charges.
  • The other income component jumped to Rs74.5 crore, sharply up from Rs29 crore in Q4FY2006. The other income component was boosted by the net foreign exchange (forex) gains of Rs45.2 crore during the quarter. In addition to this, the lower depreciation charges and a decline in the tax rate also boosted the earnings.
  • Consequently, the consolidated earning grew by 24.4% quarter on quarter (qoq) and by 86.2% year on year (yoy) to Rs354 crore, much higher than the market expectations. The earning per share (EPS) stood at Rs10.9 as against the guidance of Rs8.6.
  • For the full year, the management has revised upwards the annual growth guidance for the revenues and earnings by 3% and 8% respectively. As per the revised guidance, the revenues are expected to grow by 29-31% (Rs6,190-6,290 crore) and the EPS (excluding the non-cash charges related to the restricted stock options) is expected in the range of Rs40-40.6 (31.3-33.3% growth over FY2006).
  • However, the Q2 guidance is quite muted. The consolidated revenues are expected to grow by 5.4-6% sequentially and the EPS is expected to decline by 18.4-18.8% to Rs8.8. The annual salary hikes and the expectations of a lower other income is the reason behind the expected drop in the earnings. The management has assumed an exchange rate of Rs45.8 per US dollar for its guidance that leaves scope for a better performance given the current movement of the rupee against the US dollar.
  • At the current price the stock trades at 16.8x FY2007 and 13.8x FY2008 estimated earnings (excluding the non-cash charges for the stock options). The EPS estimates for FY2007 have been revised upwards by 5.4% to Rs41.1. We maintain our Buy call on the stock with a target price of Rs900.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-July21.pdf
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten