Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated July 31, 2006

조회수 0회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Sunil

읽지 않음,
2006. 7. 31. 오후 9:45:3306. 7. 31.
받는사람 dps...@googlegroups.com, EquityRese...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[July 31, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

Bharat Heavy Electricals
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs2,650
Current market price: Rs1,968

Powering ahead

Result highlights

  • At Rs236 crore, the Q1FY2007 net profit of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is ahead of our expectations, primarily because of a higher-than-expected improvement in the operating profit margins (OPMs).
  • The revenues for the quarter grew by a smart 37% year on year (yoy) to Rs2,656.4 crore driven by the order backlog of Rs39,300 crore.
  • The OPMs for the quarter grew by 310 basis points to 12%, as all the cost heads as a percentage of sales declined.
  • The smart revenue growth of 37% brought BHEL's operating leverage into play and consequently resulted in an operating profit growth of 85% for the quarter.
  • The other income increased by 29% to Rs120 crore mainly on account of the huge cash reserves of close to Rs3,500 crore with the company. The interest earned went up from Rs40 crore to Rs62 crore as the interest on short-term debt instruments went up, because of the hardening interest rates. Similarly the interest paid also went up by 7%.
  • The growth in the operating profit percolated down to the net levels and the net profit also grew by 85% yoy to Rs236.7 crore.
  • The order backlog during the quarter grew by a very impressive 28% yoy to Rs39,300 crore, due to order inflows of Rs4,687 crore.

Cadila Healthcare
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs850
Current market price: Rs570

Results sharply ahead of expectations

Result highlights

  • The net sales of Cadila Healthcare increased by 19.5% year on year (yoy) to Rs445.8 crore in Q1FY2007, due to a 131% growth in the formulation exports and a 24% rise in the exports of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). The improved performance of the French and US businesses also aided the robust sales growth.
  • The operating profit margin (OPM) expanded by 220 basis points to 20.6% in the quarter. The margin improvement was on account of an improved product mix (a higher share of formulations and exports in the overall sales mix). Consequently, the operating profit (OP) of the company rose by 33.2% to Rs89.8 crore in the quarter.
  • The reported profit after tax (PAT) of the company grew by a whopping 70.8% to Rs58.4 crore in Q1FY2007. However, this staggering growth was on account of a Rs4.9-crore extraordinary expense reported by the company in Q1FY2006. Adjusting for this exceptional item, the PAT grew by 56.7% yoy.
  • Going forward, we expect a ramp-up in the sales of generics in the US market and strong revenues from the contract manufacturing business to drive Cadila's growth. At the current market price of Rs570, the company is quoting at 12.2x its FY2008E estimated earnings. We maintain our Buy recommendation on the company, with a price target of Rs850.

Genus Overseas Electronics
Cluster: Ugly Duckling
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs270
Current market price: Rs162

Profit meter rolls

Result highlights

  • At Rs3.7 crore the Q1FY2007 net profit of Genus Overseas (Genus) is in line with our estimate.
  • As a result of the healthy revenue booking, the company's net sales for the quarter grew by a smart 36% year on year (yoy) to Rs56.2 crore and the net earnings grew by 75%.
  • The operating profit for the quarter grew by 105% to Rs7.9 crore, as the operating profit margin (OPM) for the quarter improved by a huge 520 basis points to 15.5%.
  • The interest expenses for the quarter rose by 181% as the company had to avail of large working capital loans to execute project orders. Consequently the net profit for the quarter grew by 75% yoy to Rs3.7 crore.
  • The order book for the quarter jumped significantly by 350% as the company now has started taking metering orders on EPC basis as against pure metering basis.

Wockhardt
Cluster: Ugly Duckling
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs552
Current market price: Rs343

Disappointing performance

Result highlights

  • Wockhardt's net sales increased by 9.4% to Rs412.7 crore in Q2CY2006. The growth came on the back of an 11% growth in the domestic business and an 8% growth in the international business.
  • The sales in the European market grew by 16%, whereas those in the US market declined by 6% year on year (yoy). The European sales were buoyed by the strong performance of the UK business. The US business underperformed on account of the restructuring of the US set-up.
  • The company's operating profit (OP) declined by 6.5% to Rs89.7 crore in the quarter, as its operating profit margin (OPM) shrank by 370 basis points to 21.6%. The operating performance was poor on account of a 77% rise in the company's research and development (R%D) expenses and a 29% rise in its other expenses.
  • The poor show on the operating front along with a lower other income and a higher tax outgo caused Wockhardt's net profit to decline by 18.2% to Rs63.4 crore in Q2CY2006.
  • Wockhardt recently acquired Dumex India and two of its products, Protinex and Farex, from Royal Numico NV of The Netherlands. It has also received the approval to market ceftriaxone injections and Clarithromycin in the US market.
  • At the current price of Rs343, Wockhardt is quoting at 12.4x its CY2007E estimated earnings, on a fully diluted basis. We reiterate our Buy recommendation on Wockhardt, with a price target of Rs552.

Hindustan Lever
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs300
Current market price: Rs232

HPC segment drives growth

Result highlights

  • Hindustan Lever Ltd's (HLL) Q2CY2006 net profit grew by 26.3% year on year (yoy) to Rs379.4 crore, ahead of our expectations.
  • The net revenues grew by 8.7% yoy on the back of a 13.2% year-on-year (y-o-y) growth in the home and personal care (HPC) segment, which comprises of the soaps and detergent and the personal care businesses. Adjusted for Nihar (a brand sold by HLL to Marico Industries) the growth in the revenues stood at 9.6%.
  • The profit before interest and tax (PBIT) grew by 19.1% yoy as the PBIT margins expanded by 139 basis points yoy to 16.1%. The PBIT margins in the soaps and detergent and the personal care businesses expanded by nearly 100 basis points each.
  • The processed food business reported a profit at the PBIT level for the second consecutive quarter with a PBIT of Rs4.2 crore and the PBIT margins of 4.3%.
  • A lower effective tax rate led to a 26.3% y-o-y growth in the net profit at Rs379.4 crore.
  • As we had anticipated, the volume growth in the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector in the rural areas has been picking up and it has far outpaced the growth in the urban areas over the last three quarters.
  • We believe that HLL would be the key beneficiary of this growth in the FMCG sector. At the current market price of Rs232, the stock is quoting at 25.4x its CY2007E earnings per share (EPS) and 23.0x CY2007E enterprise value (EV)/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation (EBIDTA). We reiterate our Buy recommendation on the stock with a price target of Rs300.

Television Eighteen India
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs704
Current market price: Rs617

Strong set of numbers

Result highlights

  • Television Eighteen India Ltd's (TV18) Q1FY2007 net profit at Rs13.8 crore was marginally above our expectations.
  • TV18 has reported a strong 56.4% year-on-year (y-o-y) growth in its consolidated revenues for Q1FY2007 to Rs41.6 crore backed by the strong performance of the news, Internet and content operations.
  • The operating profit grew by 60.8% year on year (yoy) to Rs20.1 crore as the operating profit margins (OPM) expanded by 184 basis points. The expansion in the OPM was slightly below our expectations; however, the higher revenues more than compensated for the same.
  • Stable depreciation and taxes led to a 72.8% y-o-y growth in the net profit to Rs13.8 crore.
  • We believe that TV18's business model has become more robust with the inclusion of the channels Awaaz, Channel 7 and CNN-IBN in the bouquet. Looking at the robust business model, the stock is attractively quoting at 16.4x its FY2008E earnings per share (EPS) and 9.3x its FY2008E enterprise value (EV)/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation (EBIDTA). We reiterate our Buy recommendation on the stock with a price target of Rs704.

Sanghvi Movers
Cluster: Ugly Duckling
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs1,150
Current market price: Rs647

Performance meets expectations

Result highlights

  • The revenues of Sanghvi Movers Ltd (SML) grew by 45.1% year on year (yoy) to Rs40.2 crore in Q1FY2007. The growth was driven by the utilisation of the assets added during FY2006 and Q1FY2007 and was in line with our estimate.
  • Driven by the utilisation of the cranes acquired during FY2006 and Q1FY2007, and the continued operational leverage enjoyed by SML, the operating profit grew by 65.0% yoy to Rs28.5 crore. The operating profit margin (OPM) improved by a robust 860 basis points yoy and by 220 basis points sequentially to 70.8% during the same period. The margin expansion too was ahead of our estimate.
  • SML completed a capital expenditure (capex) exercise of Rs64 crore during the quarter and has a capex plan of Rs150 crore for the full year. The asset addition during the quarter was also in line with our estimate.
  • Despite the addition of new cranes, depreciation was down 6.8% yoy to Rs7.6 crore, reflecting the effect of the change in the company's accounting policy for depreciation of new assets (bought after April 1, 2005), effected in Q3FY2006 ie shift from written down value (WDV) method to straight-line method (SLM). Also the company has changed the depreciation method for all assets (bought between April 1, 2002 and March 31, 2005) in the current quarter.
  • SML has also written back the excess depreciation of Rs17.1 crore on account of the change in its depreciation policy and the same has been shown as an extraordinary income.
  • SML's net profit (before extraordinary income) grew by a robust 148.4% yoy to Rs10.6 crore during the quarter. The net profit growth was achieved on the back of a strong revenue growth, margin expansion and fall in depreciation. The net profit is higher than our estimate because of a Rs3.0 crore decline in depreciation adjusting for which the results would be in line with our estimates.
  • SML's net profit is expected to zoom from Rs32.2 crore in FY2006 to Rs62.2 crore in FY2008, at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 39%. The stock trades at a cash price/earnings ratio (CPER) of 5.3x FY2007E and 4.1x FY2008E cash earnings. We maintain our Buy call on SML with a price target of Rs1,150.

Sintex Industries
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs192
Current market price: Rs138

Q1FY2007—first cut results analysis

Result highlights

  • The revenue of Sintex Industries Ltd (SIL) grew by a sharp 52.6% year on year (yoy) in Q1FY2007 to Rs223.8 crore, ahead of our estimates.
  • The plastic division's revenue grew by 59.2% yoy to Rs160.0 crore. Its profit before interest and tax (PBIT) rose by 67.1% yoy to Rs21.8 crore as the margins expanded by 60 basis points yoy to 13.6%.
  • The textile division's revenue increased by 38.2% yoy to Rs65.3 crore. The growth was driven by an 11.3% jump in the volumes and a 9.2% jump in the realisations. Reeling under severe margin pressure the PBIT grew by only 7.1% to Rs7.9 crore.
  • The operating profit margin (OPM) of the company grew by only 10 basis points yoy to 17.3%—in line with our estimates. The decrease in the material and employee costs as a percentage of sales were compensated for by the increase in the other expenses.
  • The profit before tax (PBT) grew by 100.0% on account of the growth in the top line and a higher other income (up 158.3%).
  • In Q1FY2006 SIL had a negative tax (on account of deferred revenue tax) as against a tax provisioning of 25.1% in the current quarter. This led to a lower profit after tax (PAT) growth at 40.9%, in line with our estimates.
  • The stock is trading at attractive valuations of a price/earnings ratio of 11.1x FY2008E and enterprise value/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation of 6.8x FY2008E. These valuations should be seen in conjunction with the fact that the company's earnings are expected to grow at a healthy compounded annual growth rate of 26% over FY2006-08 and that the inorganic growth trigger is long overdue. We maintain a Buy on Sintex with a price target of Rs192, at which the stock would discount its FY2008E earnings by 15.5x.

Aditya Birla Nuvo
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs1,031
Current market price: Rs725

Q1FY2007—first cut results analysis

Result highlights

  • The consolidated revenues of Aditya Birla Nuvo (ABN) in Q1FY2007 grew by 88.6% to Rs1,459.1 crore, in line with our estimates. The growth was driven by (1) a strong double-digit growth in its value business; (2) addition of the fertiliser and finance businesses due to the merger of Indo Gulf and Birla Global, which was absent last year; (3) higher share in the telecom business at 16.4% during the quarter and a partial effect of the 15% share acquired from the Tatas; and (4) the continued momentum in its growth businesses.
  • The share of the high growth businesses (garments, life insurance, business process outsourcing [BPO], software and telecom) improved to 55.2% of the consolidated revenues in Q1FY2007 as compared to 50.8% in the same period last year.
  • A sharp margin expansion was witnessed in all the businesses except insurance, BPO and telecom. The margin expansion year on year (yoy) was 360 basis points in the garments business, 850 basis points in the software business, 300 basis points in the carbon black business, 190 basis points in the the insulators business and 130 basis points in the textiles.
  • Insurance was an ailing business in FY2006, but has rebounded during the quarter. The new business premium was up 91% yoy to Rs149.8 crore. The revenues grew sharply by 98.7% yoy to Rs358.5 crore. The number of policies sold increased by 66% yoy to 38,000. The loss at the profit before interest and tax (PBIT) levels grew to Rs18.1 crore against a loss of Rs3.8 crore in Q1FY2006.
  • Though the revenues of the telecom business grew by 582.3% due to an increase of stake in IDEA, the margins shrank by 130 basis points to 17.9%, below our estimates. We believe that the margins will bounce back in the subsequent quarters.
  • Driven by the good performance in the key business segments and addition of new businesses, the operating profit margin (OPM) saw an expansion of 240 basis points yoy to 13.7%. Consequently the operating profit grew by a robust 128.7% yoy to Rs199.8 crore, in line with our estimates. Even, the net profit grew by a strong at 99.1% yoy to Rs67.1 crore, in line with our estimates.
  • Given the diverse businesses of ABN, the company is best valued using the sum-of-parts method. Based on the sum-of-parts valuation of the merged entity, we estimate the fair value of ABN to be Rs1,031 per share. The stock is available at a 30% discount to its fair value and we maintain a Buy recommendation on ABN with a 12-month price target of Rs1,031.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-July31.pdf
전체답장
작성자에게 답글
전달