Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated July 04, 2006

1 view

Sunil

Jul 4, 2006, 12:12:25 PM7/4/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com, EquityRese...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[July 04, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

Welspun India
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs140
Current market price: Rs91

A strategic acquisition

  • Welspun India (WIL) has bought an 85% stake in CHT Holdings Ltd, the holding company of UK's leading towel brand, "Christy" at an enterprise value (EV) of Rs132 crore. WIL at present has paid Rs100 crore for the 85% stake. The same has been financed by a debt of Rs60 crore and the balance through internal accruals.
  • Christy is best known as the sole supplier of towels for the Wimbledon tournament. It has a presence spread across 98 retail stores including 22 of its own branded stores. For FY2006, Christy, a June ending company is expected to clock a turnover of Rs300 crore with earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation (EBIDTA) of 8.5-9%.
  • We feel that the deal is quite significant for WIL, as the same will increase its presence in the UK market as well as in the retail segment. It will also give WIL an access to superior product technology. The deal is also in line with WIL's target to become one of the global leaders in the home textiles segment by FY2008 and to generate 20% of its revenues from the branded segment.
  • Secondly, apart from its leadership position in the terry towel segment, WIL is in the supply chain management for key customers and its increasing presence in the retail segment through "Spaces" will give it an edge over its competitors.
  • We believe that with increased exports of home textiles from India in the post-quota regime and with its capital expansion programme in place, WIL's earnings will grow at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52% over FY2006-08. At the current market price (CMP) of Rs91, WIL trades at 11x its FY2007E (7x its FY2008) earnings and 10x its FY2007 (6.6x FY2008E) EV/EBIDTA. We maintain a Buy on WIL with a price target of Rs140.

Crompton Greaves
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs1,144
Current market price: Rs862

An eventful FY2006
Crompton Greaves (CG) had an eventful FY2006. The core businesses of power systems (PS), consumer products (CP) and industrial systems (IS) reported strong performances in terms of both the revenue growth and margin improvement. CG in a bid to strengthen its PS business took a long stride in the international arena and acquired Belgium-based Pauwels Group in May 2005.

The outlook for the company's business, as shared by the management in its annual report, is in consonance with our expectations. There has been no material change in our assumptions after the review of the annual report. We have fine-tuned our consolidated earnings estimates for FY2007 and FY2008 at Rs50.9 per share and Rs63.0 per share respectively.

Pauwels has shown a remarkable turnaround in performance reporting a PAT of Rs61.0 crore, way ahead of estimates. We believe this is just a beginning and expect Pauwels to report a smart improvement in margins and pep-up the consolidated performance of CG.

The stock is currently trading at 13.7 X FY2008E consolidated earnings. Historically, CG has traded at a discount to industry peers due to its limited product range, especially high voltage products. But, with Pauwels acquisition, CG has successfully plugged the gaps in its product portfolio. Access to a wider product range would differentiate CG in the domestic market and enable it to compete effectively with other MNC such as ABB, Siemens, Areva etc. We maintain a BUY with a price target of Rs1,144 discounting its FY2008E consolidated earnings by 18x in line with the companies of fairly large size and strong product portfolios.

SECTOR UPDATE

Automobile

Good all-round growth for Tata Motors
Tata Motors delivered another impressive performance in June as its total sales including exports reached 45,223 vehicles, marking a year-on-year (y-o-y) growth of 37%.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-July04.pdf