Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated July 10, 2006

Sunil

Jul 10, 2006, 11:22:55 PM7/10/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[July 10, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

MRO-TEK
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Hold
Price target: Rs113
Current market price: Rs67

Downgraded to Hold
Despite the favourable business environment, MRO-TEK's performance is likely to be weak in Q1FY2007 also. We expect the revenue and earnings to decline both sequentially and on an annual comparison basis.

At the current price the stock trades at 6.8x FY2007 and 5.5x FY2008 revised earnings estimates. We are downgrading our recommendation on MRO-TEK to Hold and would wait for more clarity and signs of improvement in the company's performance.

Alphageo India
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs135
Current market price: Rs125

Results ahead of expectations

Result highlights

  • The Q4FY2006 results of Alphageo India (Alphageo) are ahead of our estimates.
  • Shrugging off the lacklustre performance till M9FY2006, in Q4FY2006 the company's net sales rose by 277% year on year (yoy) and by 1,070% on a sequential basis to Rs18.83 crore. With the weather conditions remaining benign in the north-east region, the quarter saw full operation of all the crews (both 2D and 3D crews).
  • The strong improvement in the top line came on the back of the execution of the Rs8-crore 3D survey contract of Canero. The top line also got some contribution from the Rs45-crore 3D survey order of Oil India Ltd (OIL). All the 2D contracts were also fully executed during the quarter.
  • The operating profit for the quarter rose to Rs9.37 crore, marking a sequential growth of 1,624% as the operating profit margin (OPM) improved to 49.8% from 33.8% in Q3FY2006. The OPM improved because the margins in the 3D survey business are higher and a 3D contract that was supposed to be completed in seven months was completed in three months.
  • The interest charge during the quarter rose substantially as the set of the 3D crew was funded largely through debt. Further, depreciation increased 420% during the period, as the company charged depreciation at a higher rate for the new 3D equipment.
  • The company earned a net profit of Rs4.22 crore during Q4 as against a loss of Rs31.8 lakh in the third quarter. For FY2006, the profit after tax (PAT) stood at Rs4.2 crore against our estimate of Rs3.2 crore.
  • Alphageo has recently secured a Rs25-crore order. With this the order backlog now stands at Rs60 crore, which is 2.5x its FY2006 revenues.

Thermax
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs340
Current market price: Rs255

Business outlook maintained
The outlook for the business of Thermax, as shared by the management in its annual report, is in consonance with ours. There has been no material change in our assumptions after the review of the annual report. We have fine-tuned our consolidated earnings estimates for FY2007 and FY2008 at Rs13.2 per share and Rs19.1 per share respectively.

The stock is trading at a price/earnings ratio of 13.3x FY2008E consolidated earnings and enterprise value/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation of 7.3x FY2008E. The valuations are attractive considering (1) the strong order backlog of Rs2,435 crore; (2) the positive outlook of the user industries (hydrocarbons, steel, chemicals etc); (3) the continued momentum in the order inflow; (4) the sustained margin expansions in the key business segments; and (5) the strong compounded annual growth of 50.1% in the earnings in the FY2006-08 period. We continue to remain bullish on the company. We maintain a Buy on Thermax with the price target of Rs340.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-July10.pdf