Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated September 13, 2006

Sunil

Sep 13, 2006, 1:46:18 PM9/13/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[September 13, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

Solectron Centum Electronics

Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Hold
Price target: Rs250
Current market price: Rs174

Poised to grow
Solectron Centum Electronics has established itself in the EMS space and has aggressive plans to scale up the operations over the next couple of years. The growth in the component business is also likely to revive in the current fiscal. Though the margins would continue to remain under pressure, the profits in the absolute terms would grow at a healthy rate due to the expected aggressive growth in its revenues.

At the current price the stock trades at 19.6x FY2007 and 17.3x FY2008 estimated earnings. We maintain our Hold recommendation on the stock with a revised price target of Rs250. The decision to upgrade the rating will depend on distinct signs of the revival of growth in the component business (like the commencement of the Rs35-crore high-margin government order and an increase in the demand for components from C-MAC).

SECTOR UPDATE

Life insurance

Creating value
According to the latest report released by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority, the first year premium collection of the life insurance companies grew by a whopping 177% year on year (yoy) from Rs6,524 crore to Rs18,096 crore for the period April-July 2006.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-Sep13.pdf