Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated June 07, 2006

Sunil

Jun 7, 2006, 1:05:47 PM6/7/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[June 07, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
Cluster: Ugly Duckling
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs810
Current market price: Rs706

Strong performance

Result highlights

  • Sun Pharmaceuticals' net sales for Q4FY2006 increased by 40.5% year on year (yoy) to Rs405.4 crore due to the strong performance of the formulation segment in both the domestic and export markets.
  • The operating profit margin (OPM) declined by 680 basis points yoy to 23.9% due to continued pricing pressure in the various markets, increased research and development (R&D) expense and consolidation effects. The earnings before, interest, tax, depreciation and research (EBITDR) margin stood at 36.5% as against 40.6% in Q4FY2005.
  • The earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) saw an increase of 49.3% yoy to Rs170.9 crore due to a higher other income.
  • The company had a net one-time income of Rs10 crore during the quarter. On an adjusted basis, the profit after tax (PAT) showed an increase of 28.5% yoy and stood at Rs132.8 crore.
  • At the current market price of Rs706 the stock is trading at 17.5x FY2008 earnings estimate. We maintain our Buy recommendation on Sun Pharma with the price target of Rs810.

Tata Tea
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs1,040
Current market price: Rs615

Good set of numbers

Result highlights

  • Tata Tea's (TTL) consolidated sales grew by 3.4% year on year (yoy) for Q4FY2006 to Rs816.7 crore. The domestic operations grew by 12.1% yoy for Q4FY2006. Tetley's sales grew by 5.4% yoy during the same period.
  • The domestic operations managed to post a 300-basis-point expansion in the operating profit margin (OPM) to 5.1% due to lower employee cost. The international operations reported a 140-basis-point expansion in its OPM. As a result the consolidated net profit grew by 19% yoy to Rs121.1 crore.
  • The consolidated net profit adjusted for extraordinaries grew by 50% yoy as the interest cost declined by 16% yoy.
  • For FY2006, the consolidated revenues were at Rs3,123.9 crore, up by 2.7% yoy. The consolidated operating profit grew by 4.2% yoy over the same period. The consolidated net profit adjusted for the extraordinary items was up by 20.7% yoy.
  • The tea prices have seen an upward trend over the last couple of months, both domestically as well as internationally. We expect the international tea prices to remain high over the next couple of months and then soften.
  • We expect the depreciation of the rupee as well as the dollar vis-à-vis the pound to help TTL partly offset the rising raw material prices.
  • At the current market price of Rs615, the stock is quoting at 9.3x its FY2008E earnings per share and 5.6x its FY2008E enterprise value/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation. We maintain our Buy recommendation on the stock with the price target of Rs1,040.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-June07.pdf