Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated June 28, 2006

Sunil

Jun 28, 2006, 2:02:45 PM6/28/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[June 28, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

ITC
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs220
Current market price: Rs177

Takeaways from annual report review

We have always liked the way ITC has channelised the strong cash flows generated from the cigarette business into the other businesses of FMCG products, hotels, paperboards and now e-Choupal. Notably over FY2000-06, the company has incurred a capex of more than Rs4,500 crore for its various businesses without affecting its return on capital employed which has remained at an average of 33% over the same period.

At the current market price of Rs177, the stock is trading at 20.1x FY2008E earnings per share and 12.8x FY2008E EV/EBIDTA. We reiterate our Buy recommendation on the stock with a price target of Rs220.

Bajaj Auto
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs3,500
Current market price: Rs2,683

Annual report review

As Bajaj Auto has cited in its annual report, there is huge headroom for growth of the motorcycle industry in India, looking at the low penetration of motorcycles in India at just 31 motorcycles per 1,000 citizens. The ratio is much lower in comparison with that in some of the other developing nations like Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand. We believe that BAL is in a good position to capitalise on this opportunity and would continue to perform well in the motorcycle market. Further, taking into account the good track record of the company, its strong brands across segments in the motorcycle business, the emerging opportunities in the retail finance space and the insurance businesses, we maintain our positive outlook on BAL.

At the current market price of Rs2,683, the stock discounts its FY2008 earnings by 16.5x and quotes at an FY2008 enterprise value/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation of 10.5x. We maintain our Buy recommendation on the stock with the price target of Rs3,500.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-June28.pdf