Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated June 26, 2006

Sunil

Jun 26, 2006, 1:10:47 PM6/26/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com, EquityRese...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[June 26, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

Tata Tea
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs1,040
Current market price: Rs753

Brewing the branded play further
Tata Coffee Ltd (TCL), a 50.67% subsidiary of Tata Tea Ltd (TTL), has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Eight 0'Clock Coffee Company (EOC), a coffee company based in the USA, for a total of $220 million.

EOC is the third largest coffee company in the USA with a 67% penetration in the retail outlets in that country. EOC has presence in both the plain and the flavoured coffee segment with its recently launched flavours like Hazelnut and Vanilla.

Aditya Birla Nuvo
Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs1,031
Current market price: Rs703

BPO adds 8.4x revenues at one stroke
With the current acquisition, the diversified giant Aditya Birla Nuvo (ABN) will finally justify its Nuvo tag. Just days after signing a cheque for Rs4,406 crore to acquire the Tata group's stake in Idea Cellular, TransWorks, the wholly-owned subsidiary of ABN, is acquiring Canadian business process outsourcing (BPO) company Minacs Worldwide (Minacs) for about Rs575 crore (C$138.9 million). The Aditya Birla group is also roping in ReichmannHauer Capital Partners to co-invest with TransWorks, partnering for a 10% stake. We give thumbs up to the acquisition, as it suffices all the parameters—strategic in nature, adding new dimensions and attractive valuations. Further, the acquisition is in conjunction with our argument of investing in high growth businesses like IT and ITES to generate better return on the capital employed.

TVS Motor Company
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs210
Current market price: Rs98

Good volume growth

Result highlights

  • TVS Motors' Q4FY2006 results were in line with our expectations. The net sales for the quarter stood at Rs839 crore (up by 16.8%), driven by a strong volume growth of 18.2%.
  • The operating profits for the quarter stood at Rs48.2 crore, marking a growth of 37.8% year on year (yoy). The operating profit margins (OPM) at 5.7% increased by 80 basis points yoy, but declined by 130 basis points on a sequential basis due to lower realisations and the rise in the raw material costs.
  • The profit after tax (PAT) for 4QFY2006 at Rs29.1 crore is up by 164.5% on a like-to-like basis.
  • For FY2006 the net sales grew by 12.5% to Rs3,235 crore while its PAT grew by 16.3% to Rs117 crore, which is in line with our expectations.
  • At the current market price of Rs98, the stock quotes at 7.1x its FY2008 earnings per share (EPS) and discounts its FY2008 earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation (EBIDTA) by 3.7x. We maintain our Buy recommendation on the stock with a price target of Rs210.

SECTOR UPDATE

Banking

Change in CRR norms

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has enacted two provisions regarding the cash/reserve ratio (CRR) via the RBI (Amendment) Bill, 2006. The same are as follows.

  • The RBI can now prescribe the CRR for the scheduled commercial banks (SCBs) without any floor rate or ceiling rate that are currently 3% and 20% respectively. Currently the SCBs have to maintain 5% of their total demand and time liabilities (NDTL) as the CRR.
  • The RBI was paying a 3.5% interest to the banks on the CRR balance kept with it and that was in excess of 3% of their NDTL. With the removal of the floor, the RBI will no longer pay any interest on any portion of the CRR.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-June26.pdf