Sharekhan Investor's Eye dated August 23, 2006

Sunil

Aug 23, 2006, 9:58:17 PM8/23/06
to dps...@googlegroups.com

Investor's Eye
[August 23, 2006] Please see the attachment for details
Summary of Contents

STOCK UPDATE

Bharat Heavy Electricals

Cluster: Apple Green
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs2,650
Current market price: Rs2,247

Employees dissatisfied
According to newspaper reports, some 9,000 executives of the public sector unit Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) are reportedly unhappy with what they call a measly 4% performance-based incentive they got for FY2006. These executives are hence returning the amount that was electronically transferred to their banks by BHEL. To further show their dissent, these executives across 14 units are boycotting the golden jubilee celebrations slated for August 29, 2006.

Navneet Publications (India)
Cluster: Emerging Star
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs362
Current market price: Rs290

Annual report review
The management of Navneet has reiterated in the annual report that the growth over the next couple of years would be led by the changes in the syllabus in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. In the stationery segment, the company will focus on the domestic market and will leverage on its brand for selling non-paper stationery products. The operating margins are likely to improve on the back of a better sales mix. In addition to the fundamental factors, the reasonably attractive dividend yield and the enhanced liquidity (through stock split) should limit any downside risk in the stock.

At the current market price of Rs290 Navneet trades at 10x FY2008E earnings per share of Rs29 and 5.8x FY2008E enterprise value/earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and amortisation. We maintain a Buy on Navneet with a price target of Rs362.

Cipla
Cluster: Cannonball
Recommendation: Buy
Price target: Rs300
Current market price: Rs246

Annual report review
Cipla has reported a strong all-round performance with a robust growth in the domestic and export sales. The lower excise duty, an improving product mix and a leaner cost structure have led to the company's margins springing back above the 20% level in FY2006. We expect the growth momentum to continue in the upcoming quarters, led by the ramp-up in the sales of Finasteride and Sertraline in the US markets. A favourable change in the sales mix driven by the high-margin formulation exports is expected to provide a further boost to Cipla's margins. Given the unique partnership model for the US generics market and the strong growth traction of the company, we maintain our positive outlook on Cipla.

At the current market price of Rs246, the company is trading at 20.4x its estimated FY2008 earnings. We reiterate our Buy recommendation on Cipla, retaining our price target of Rs300.

Regards,
The Sharekhan Research Team
myac...@sharekhan.com

FREE FirstStep Seminar! Book your seat TODAY!
To buy and sell shares, log on to www.sharekhan.com or call our DialnTrade unit on 1-800 227050/ 30307600.
For account related queries call our Customer Service cell on 1-800-22-7500/ 39707500.

Investor's Eye-Aug23.pdf